2018 2500 4x4 alignment issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

z190074

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I just bought a 2018 2500 4x4 diesel, (love it more every time I drive it) and I was told to have the alignment adjusted to 0 degrees of tow, as the factory setting would wear my tires unevenly? Has anyone else heard of this? I was also told, to decrease the recommended air pressure in the tires, again because factory settings are set to account for the load placed on the vehicle. I'm calling BS...Anyone?

COAinPaso

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
New truck? Alignment is probably fine, could be out, but probably not. The tire pressure thing is a personal preference. Less tire pressure should make it ride a touch better and get your tires to wear evenly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The alignment should be fine with no adjustment needed at this point.

The tire pressure should not be set to the maximum PSI noted on the door. Rather, find the best pressure that promotes even wear and most comfort. If you have the factory supplied Goodyear Transforce tires you'll find the ride pretty bumpy if they are filled to max pressure of 80 PSI.

SETEX 6.4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Both of your findings are correct. Read this article from the experts in HD trucks. Thuren. This explains the alignment discussion.
https://www.thurenfabrication.com/tech/alignment-and-handling.html

Also the government mandated all this tpms crap so the manufacturers had to make specifications for the idiots of the world. The tpms and the door will tell you 60 psi front and 80 psi rear. Those pressures are way too much for an unloaded truck.
2013 was the last year 2500 that had the light load button that would allow you to run 55 front and 45 in rear. They had to get rid of that for liability reasons because morons didn't know they needed more psi in their tires to pull their 15,000 lbs travel trailer.
So they started just making the truck tell you 60 front 80 rear. The problem with this is that it will ride like crap and wear the centers of the treads.
If you go lower than about 72 rear the light comes on.
You need about 58 front 48 rear. This is what I run in my mega cab. I just live with the low tire light and the chime every time I start the truck. I'm use to it now. At this pressure my truck rides much better, tires wear even, etc. When I haul heavy I raise the pressures according to the load.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

hounddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 laramie 2500 credit cab 4x4 cummins
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I've found the new suspension will eat the outside edges of your fronts under heavly load unless they're very close to max pressure. Best thing is to have a portable pump you can fill/lower at your convenience for towing to keep presume optimal for even wear. And rotate them fairly religiously. We run only RAM and Mack now in our company, have experience with about 32 RAM trucks currently on the road- so I'm not any self proclaimed expert, but I have picked up a thing or two.