2018 6.7 2500 ram egr delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mitchell hussey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
my 6.7 ram is dpf and def deleted with a tuner efilive v3 autocal , i would like to egr delete now do i need to get a new tune from the place i got the tuner from or what can i do ?
does anyone know how i can get this done please let me know.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
You need to contact the tuner, hopefully they haven't been popped by the EPA...yet. The EPA has been cracking down on people offering tunes stateside.
You tuner will be able to answer you questions about the EGR and whether you can delete it. Guessing the tuner at least disabled the EGR so it doesn't open but you might get an error code if you unplug the EGR valve.

OP
OP
M

Mitchell hussey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
so i can have def and dpf deletes and egr can be hooked up but not opening ?
dose the sut from the exhaust go in the intake.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
so i can have def and dpf deletes and egr can be hooked up but not opening ?
dose the sut from the exhaust go in the intake.
That is correct, if the EGR doesn't open, then the exhaust gas doesn't enter the intake. The coolant still flows through the EGR though.

Listed in order they're found in an exhaust system:
DOC - Diesel Oxide Catalyst
DPF - Diesel Particulate Filter
SCR - Selective Catalytic Reduction
DEF - Diesel Exhaust Fluid (is injected into the SCR)

williscreg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
For a 2018 Ram 6.7 2500 with DPF and DEF deleted using a tuner like EFILive V3 Autocal, you can indeed perform an EGR delete. To do this, you will need an EGR delete kit specifically designed for your vehicle.

Regarding the tuner and new tune, it's best to contact the place where you got the tuner from. They can provide you with information on how to proceed with the EGR delete and if you need any additional tuning adjustments to complement the EGR delete.

As for getting the EGR delete done, you have a few options. You can choose to do it yourself if you have the mechanical skills and tools, or you can take your truck to a trusted mechanic or diesel performance shop that specializes in these modifications. They will have the expertise and experience to perform the EGR delete correctly.

Remember to verify local regulations as EGR delete may not be legal in all areas. Always ensure your modifications comply with local emission laws to avoid any issues.

Performing the ram 6.7 egr delete can enhance performance and prevent potential EGR-related problems, but make sure to follow the proper procedures and consult with experts if needed.

Last edited:

Phillirdwn

Reaction score
Ram Year
AAdding an 6.7 cummins delete kit to your setup may require a new tune to optimize performance and ensure proper engine function. I'd recommend reaching out to the place where you got the tuner from, as they may offer updated tunes or guidance on how to proceed. Alternatively, you could consult with a reputable tuner familiar with your setup to discuss your options and get a custom tune tailored to your specific needs.

Dennis Shellito

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins IBS
You won't need a new tune for the EGR cooler delete, as it has been unplugged. The only reason to remove the cooler is to open up the engine bay to free up space under the hood to gain access to other things. All you would need to remove the cooler is a kit with the proper block off plates and a coolant bypass. The block off plate at the rear of the engine bay is a little hard to get wrenches on but the installation is pretty straight forward. The bypass needs to be carefully installed to keep it from leaking coolant. The bypass on mine started to seep a couple months after installation and I had to readjust a little and it hasn't leaked in the ten years since then. I don't recall the brand of kit I purchased ( The name is etched into the plates, but I can't remember), but I think they are all pretty much the same.

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
EFI live already accounts for a full EGR delete. All it does is disable it, so whether you unplug it or completely remove and block it off, it doesn't know the difference.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat