2018 Express driver seat not adjustable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hansolo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Express Quad cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I do not want to purchase a whole new seat from a higher trim so I am hoping there is a way to add washers or something under the front brackets to get the seat to 'tilt' backwards a bit more than it is.

After driving a while, I always feel as if I am sliding forward.

Unfortunately my seat is only adjustable in a slide forward/backward direction and the seat back forward/backward.

I wish there was a bottom cushion 'tilt'. :(

I have searched online and the only thing I have found is this:
https://www.ohiodieselparts.com/pro...00-2500-3500-1-2-front-driver-seat-spacer-kit

Looks like it might work for what I want... but 70 bucks for a bunch of washers and bolts seems extreme.

May see what I can do with a trip to Home Depot. Anyone else do anything to correct his issue?

cbsmith

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Do you really want to start trying to adjust your seat by adding cheap washers from Home Depot? Modifying one of the main things that is going to keep you safe in an accident is risky enough, even more so by doing it yourself and using unknown quality parts to do it.

OP
OP
Hansolo

Hansolo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you really want to start trying to adjust your seat by adding cheap washers from Home Depot? Modifying one of the main things that is going to keep you safe in an accident is risky enough, even more so by doing it yourself and using unknown quality parts to do it.

Noted. Yeah, I may just spend the $70 (with shipping) to get this proven kit.

Probably the better idea.

In general though... is it just me or do others with these lower end seats feel as if they are sliding forward while driving?

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
In general though... is it just me or do others with these lower end seats feel as if they are sliding forward while driving?

Mine's a 2014 Express. I don't know if they changed the seats in the '18 model, but I've never noticed this in mine. The seat cushion could probably use replacing at this point, but that's more from the outside edge getting smooshed down by my fat a$$ than any forward slope.

-K

Razzman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited CCSB
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Seriously doubt whether using the $70 spacer kit or Home Depot cheap washers and bolts will make a bit of difference. Just use grade 8 bolts and it should matter not.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Noted. Yeah, I may just spend the $70 (with shipping) to get this proven kit.

Probably the better idea.

There must be a sale on the kit is now $55.00

OP
OP
Hansolo

Hansolo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine's a 2014 Express. I don't know if they changed the seats in the '18 model, but I've never noticed this in mine. The seat cushion could probably use replacing at this point, but that's more from the outside edge getting smooshed down by my fat a$$ than any forward slope.

-K

Ha, yeah my seat edge will be smooshed before long as well.

I think I am just very particular about seat adjustment being perfect.

I love the truck, but it is funny that they couldn't put the higher end (fully adjustable) drivers seat in all trims.

OP
OP
Hansolo

Hansolo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Seriously doubt whether using the $70 spacer kit or Home Depot cheap washers and bolts will make a bit of difference. Just use grade 8 bolts and it should matter not.

I still may try... once I get a chance to see how everything engineered in fastening the seat to the floor. Definitely won't do anything wonky though. Good call on checking the quality of the bolts if I do go this way.

cbsmith

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ha, yeah my seat edge will be smooshed before long as well.

I think I am just very particular about seat adjustment being perfect.

I love the truck, but it is funny that they couldn't put the higher end (fully adjustable) drivers seat in all trims.

They don’t put the high level seats on the lower base model trucks because it is features like that that sell the higher end trucks and make more money.

OP
OP
Hansolo

Hansolo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They don’t put the high level seats on the lower base model trucks because it is features like that that sell the higher end trucks and make more money.

I guess it all adds up. Who am I to say what goodies they should have across the board.

True.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
But... good old tax / shipping / handling.
When I went to check out it says Free shipping but did not show tax, some states charge tax on internet sales so I would guess 2/3$ max tax

OP
OP
Hansolo

Hansolo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I went to check out it says Free shipping but did not show tax, some states charge tax on internet sales so I would guess 2/3$ max tax

Ah nice. Ok. May just do this...

OP
OP
Hansolo

Hansolo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok, I purchased the kit from Ohio Diesel Parts.

Today or tomorrow I install.

Review forthcoming. :)