Power adjustable seats & pedals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DHC4570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I'm having a weird issue with the adjustable seats and pedals. I noticed it after I received a notification through the uConnect of a software update last week that I accepted. This issue may or may not be related but I can't find anything online to confirm or deny this...

My seat memory settings quit working. Even if I set the seat and try to input it into the memory, nothing happens. It won't hold a setting, it won't recall a setting, nothing. When I tried doing the "memory reset" (truck in OFF position) of running the seat all the way forward and back, it stopped at full forward and quit working... NONE of the switches worked. I used a small penlight to tap the motor several times, jiggling the switch, etc. and it FINALLY went back. I ran it full back then tried the memory set function and still nothing. After a while I got brave and tried it again and same thing, it stuck full forward. Took a lot more tapping and jiggling before the seat would go back. As long as I don't go full forward, I can use ALL of the seat adjustments, but nothing holds in the memory.

Second issue is the adjustable pedals don't work at all. I can hear clicking under the seat, but the pedals don't move. As it's tight and hard to reach anything, I'm not sure what is clicking for the pedals. Motor? Solenoid? I can hear the same clicking when the seat is adjusted so I'm assuming it's the motor.

I have tried pulling, wiping and reseating the fuses for the seat and pedals to no avail. Anyone have any ideas other than the dealer at this point? I'm leery of the dealer as I did not get the extended warranty. I've NEVER needed one before and they were quite pricey when my standard warranty expired. Looks like I might have finally lost the warranty roulette game...

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I'm having a weird issue with the adjustable seats and pedals. I noticed it after I received a notification through the uConnect of a software update last week that I accepted. This issue may or may not be related but I can't find anything online to confirm or deny this...

My seat memory settings quit working. Even if I set the seat and try to input it into the memory, nothing happens. It won't hold a setting, it won't recall a setting, nothing. When I tried doing the "memory reset" (truck in OFF position) of running the seat all the way forward and back, it stopped at full forward and quit working... NONE of the switches worked. I used a small penlight to tap the motor several times, jiggling the switch, etc. and it FINALLY went back. I ran it full back then tried the memory set function and still nothing. After a while I got brave and tried it again and same thing, it stuck full forward. Took a lot more tapping and jiggling before the seat would go back. As long as I don't go full forward, I can use ALL of the seat adjustments, but nothing holds in the memory.

Second issue is the adjustable pedals don't work at all. I can hear clicking under the seat, but the pedals don't move. As it's tight and hard to reach anything, I'm not sure what is clicking for the pedals. Motor? Solenoid? I can hear the same clicking when the seat is adjusted so I'm assuming it's the motor.

I have tried pulling, wiping and reseating the fuses for the seat and pedals to no avail. Anyone have any ideas other than the dealer at this point? I'm leery of the dealer as I did not get the extended warranty. I've NEVER needed one before and they were quite pricey when my standard warranty expired. Looks like I might have finally lost the warranty roulette game...

Thanks in advance.

Dave
Not sure this relates,but the cars also had a recent uconnect update,and on the 1320 Challengers which are an oddball car with the fact they have the drag mode features of the 2018 Demon,and anybody who did the update on their 1320 lost the drag mode and drag pages,and couldn't access the transmission brake or line lock,consequently alot of us didn't do the uconnect update.I hate over the air updates,as you usually don't know what they're for,and once done,you usually can't go back to the older version, if the latest update doesn't pan out like it should

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ftank