2018 PW 3rd Transmission 2nd Engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

r56ranch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I posted awhile back about how glad I was to have the MaxCare Lifetime Unlimited Warranty . Back then it was about the transmission. I want to list what has gone on with my truck and see if anyone sees any correlation to the issues I have had and how I drive and use my PW.

1. Around 75,000 miles had dealer service Transmission, front and rear diffs and transfer case. The next week I drove 2400 miles round trip From Texas to Florida. Luckily the transmission waited to get stuck in 4 gear until I was about 100 miles from home. Transmission and Trans cooler replaced under MaxCare.

2. About 78,000 miles another round trip to Florida. My last gas stop coming back I noticed the engine was clattering. Dealer thought lifter but it turned out to be a disintegrated crank bearing. Engine replaced under MAXCare.

3. 84,000 , Another trip to Florida and back 2500 miles. The morning after I got home I started the truck and tried to back up and the transmission completely locked up. Transmission and trans cooler replaced again by MaxCare.

I tow a bass boat trailer combined weight less that 4000 pounds. Every time I tow I use TOW MODE.

Oil changes at dealer about every 4000 miles.

Daily driving mix of highway and some around town. 4 wheel drive about 2 - 3 times a month out on the ranch if its muddy.

Does anyone think these 18 hour non stop runs have anything to do with these issues or is it incredible coincidence?

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dang the luck. At least you were back at home each time lol.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I'm sure the original transmission was replaced with a reman... That's a crap shoot at best. Bad luck for sure though.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
May want to try a different dealer, you are his vacation ticket.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
I posted awhile back about how glad I was to have the MaxCare Lifetime Unlimited Warranty . Back then it was about the transmission. I want to list what has gone on with my truck and see if anyone sees any correlation to the issues I have had and how I drive and use my PW.

1. Around 75,000 miles had dealer service Transmission, front and rear diffs and transfer case. The next week I drove 2400 miles round trip From Texas to Florida. Luckily the transmission waited to get stuck in 4 gear until I was about 100 miles from home. Transmission and Trans cooler replaced under MaxCare.

2. About 78,000 miles another round trip to Florida. My last gas stop coming back I noticed the engine was clattering. Dealer thought lifter but it turned out to be a disintegrated crank bearing. Engine replaced under MAXCare.

3. 84,000 , Another trip to Florida and back 2500 miles. The morning after I got home I started the truck and tried to back up and the transmission completely locked up. Transmission and trans cooler replaced again by MaxCare.

I tow a bass boat trailer combined weight less that 4000 pounds. Every time I tow I use TOW MODE.

Oil changes at dealer about every 4000 miles.

Daily driving mix of highway and some around town. 4 wheel drive about 2 - 3 times a month out on the ranch if its muddy.

Does anyone think these 18 hour non stop runs have anything to do with these issues or is it incredible coincidence?
I wonder if it has to do with the fluid they are replacing with? Is it the same dealer each time? The first time it happened, was right after a fluid change at 75k. What are the trans temps running? Also no repair, just replacement?

OP
OP
R

r56ranch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wonder if it has to do with the fluid they are replacing with? Is it the same dealer each time? The first time it happened, was right after a fluid change at 75k. What are the trans temps running? Also no repair, just replacement?
Replaced fluid with MOPAR Trans fluid
Same dealer each time
Yes , about 1000 miles later
Trans temps normal
No repair both times, replacement of trans and trans oil cooler and lines

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat