2018 ram 2500 Rough Country steering brace doesn’t fit!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oilfieldman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I’ve got a 2018 ram 2500 4x4 cummins. I bought the steering brace from rough country thinking it should be ok since it’s just a big chunk of metal..... wrong!!! In order to get the brace slid towards the passenger side of the truck far enough for the new pitman arm nut to actually go in the bearing I had to cut some of the sway bar bushing bracket off along with slotting the holes farther on the brace. I’ve normally had very good luck with rough country stuff but this was just unacceptable since they said it fit my truck! There’s actually a video on YouTube of a guy having the same problem on a 5th gen dually. I’ll take pictures of what I had to trim for it to work if anybody is interested.

76B7ACE0-C6A7-4711-A53C-9BBD0546C033.jpeg

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Did you reach out to Rough Country to see what they had to say? I see guys install these all the time and this is the first time I have seen an issue like that reported. Maybe that one was out of spec?

OP
OP
Oilfieldman

Oilfieldman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Did you reach out to Rough Country to see what they had to say? I see guys install these all the time and this is the first time I have seen an issue like that reported. Maybe that one was out of spec?

Well I’ve seen a bunch of videos of them being installed on 2017 models and they fit perfect. I think there’s something slightly different on a 2018 evidently

OP
OP
Oilfieldman

Oilfieldman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
There’s a video on YouTube of a guy putting one on a white 2019 3500 dually and he had the same exact issue and had to modify the passenger side sway bar bushing also

Addiktion

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Laramie 2500 4x4
Engine
Well...heck. I just bought one for my '16 2500. We'll see what happens when it comes in....

Peterbilt379

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’ve got a 2018 ram 2500 4x4 cummins. I bought the steering brace from rough country thinking it should be ok since it’s just a big chunk of metal..... wrong!!! In order to get the brace slid towards the passenger side of the truck far enough for the new pitman arm nut to actually go in the bearing I had to cut some of the sway bar bushing bracket off along with slotting the holes farther on the brace. I’ve normally had very good luck with rough country stuff but this was just unacceptable since they said it fit my truck! There’s actually a video on YouTube of a guy having the same problem on a 5th gen dually. I’ll take pictures of what I had to trim for it to work if anybody is interested.

View attachment 224866
I had the same problem on my 2020 ram 2500 .I cut the welds off the bearing bracket and moved it over a little over a quarter inch and welded it back on fits perfect now.I let RC know about the issue to and haven’t heard back.Hopefully they fix the issue for future sales.

BolletuH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think I had similar fitment issues with mine. Got rid of it and went with BD Diesel. They have so many adjustment slots it is almost impossible to claim it didn't fit your truck.