2018 RAM 3500 OEM round Gooseneck to 5th Wheel Hitch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ljheptig

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I have a 2018 RAM 3500 with the OEM round Gooseneck socket, that I'm wanting to get and attach a 5th Wheel hitch to.
Is there one available to do that, without using the factory puck system. I'm wanting to conserve bed space.
I like the operation of the B&W, but they don't make one for the RAM OEM gooseneck.. Thanks!

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.

Demco makes one, link above. I don't have it but it is one of the only ones that allows you to use your stock goose-ball which by design of the RAM mount you have to. They have 2 videos listed in the link also.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Are you set on a 5th wheel hitch? I ask because if I was to do it over, and did not already have an airride pinbox, I would stick to a goose-ball and buy the Reese Goosebox pinbox for the camper. This gives the most free bed space. It also gives you airride and shock absorbers built in. It's worth a look.
The cons, IF you have a large toolbox in the front of the bed it may be hard to see the ball in the cargo camera. That's one of the reasons I stuck with a 5th wheel and converted my gooseneck flatbed to kingpin.

Screenshot_20230612-182550_Google.jpg

Last edited:

PaulTGarrett

Grumpy old man
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Wifey and I are looking at upgrading our bumper-pull trailer to a 5er toy hauler and I absolutely am looking at the Goosebox. I pull a couple of different goosenecks for work on a regular basis and know the benefits of a goose over a 5th wheel. Not having to swap hitches back and forth is a bonus.

yrraljguthrie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
etorque5.7
I've been towing for 50 years. I've never understood the reason for fifth wheel hitches. The gooseneck works just as well, can be easy to hook up, and is far less bulky and expensive. Maybe $50 vs. $500 for no gain.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
I've been towing for 50 years. I've never understood the reason for fifth wheel hitches. The gooseneck works just as well, can be easy to hook up, and is far less bulky and expensive. Maybe $50 vs. $500 for no gain.

For my setup 5th wheel works the best for ease of hooking up/ disconnecting.
A gooseball is too low, can't see it because of my tool/fuel box in the bed.

For unhooking, I pull a lever after I lower the gear to just touch the ground and pull out. No safety chains to unhook (nor required), no climbing in the bed to unlatch. No jacking loaded weight up and down to hook up. Just back in, lock the jaw, crank up the gear, plug in and down the road.

I already have airide 5th wheel hitch on the camp trailer so I also made my 32' flatbed gooseneck a kingpin. Probably would never go back because I'm already established and simply works better for me. And that only took 1 month of towing with the ball to realize that it sucks.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357