2018 Ram Laramie HELP!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sub_squoch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have a 2018 Ram Laramie 1500 with 3.21 gears, 8 speed tranny, 5.L Hemi, stock 20x9 rims and P275/60/R20 tires. Winter is coming to central Wisconsin and I am in need of new tires. I would like to improve the stance of the truck and make it more aggressive as it is currently stock. In the next few years I am planning to jump up to a 2500 so I don't want to drop a ton into this truck but I do want to 'make it mine' while I have it. My daughters are sprint car dirt track racers so in the summer I am towing a trailer all over the state. Come winter I am towing the same trailer for snowmobiling. The trailer I most often tow is a 29' x 8' high x 7' wide aluminum enclosed but its light at about 2,200# empty and about 7,000# gross although we never get it that full. I would guess its maybe 5,000# at most when we have it loaded down.

Now that the backstory is written; I definitely need tires. I would like to go bigger than the P275/60/R20 that are on it now. I plan to keep the stock rims because I just cannot justify the cost of a new set of rims these days. I do not want to lift it. I don't really want to add a leveling kit but I will if that's what it takes to get the aggressive look I am going for. I am hoping to keep speedometer as close to accurate as possible. I am hoping I don't absolutely kill my fuel economy but I am prepared to see it decrease some.

Can I get 295/60/20 on the stock rims, no level kit, without rubbing?
What about 295/65/20?
Can I get 305/55/20 on the stock rims without a level kit but using 1.75" bora spacers?
What will these options do to my fuel economy and speedo accuracy?

Thanks all!!

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
Rim width may be a limitation vs height.

I would put a set of Bilstein 5100s on it, front and rear, set the front at 2.1 to level and go with the 295s.

Doubtful you will experience many issues but your fuel economy will decline an your speedo will be off.

My recommendation is cooper at3s for a tire

OP
OP
S

sub_squoch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Rim width may be a limitation vs height.

I would put a set of Bilstein 5100s on it, front and rear, set the front at 2.1 to level and go with the 295s.

Doubtful you will experience many issues but your fuel economy will decline an your speedo will be off.

My recommendation is cooper at3s for a tire
The overall height of 305/55/20 is 33.2" and 295/60/20 is 33.94" correct? I really like the look of the wider tires. I found the tread below and it seems as though this truck has 305/55/20 with 1.75" spacers and no lift or level kit. I like this look. I didn't comment on this thread because it's pretty old. It seems like the Ram in the thread is a 17 which is the same (basically) as the 18 correct?