2018 - SPORT SUNROOF LEAK

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeffro99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My sun roof seems to be leaking in the front corners both passenger and drivers side, After a heavy rain i came out to find my drivers seat wet along with the headliner up by the blue tooth mic and sun visor. Using a flashlight I can see the water dripping in the front corners of the sunroof. I have checked the front drain tubes and they seem to be clear, I poured a decent amount of water on both sides and they drain well down and out the spouts in the door jambs. I have re calibrated the sunroof, 3rd brake light seal has been upgraded as per many on here, I also applied some silicone to the small sun shield cable hole in the sunroof track and am still getting the leak. Any ideas where to go next? I might have to take it to the dealer.

chopperman1

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Rebel
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Have you checked the satelite/cellular antenna? That's another known leak spot. The sunroof isn't a 100% seal (but should be close), that's why the drain tubes are there. It's also better to use lap sealant than silicone. Problem with silicone is you can never get it clean enough to "reseal", always leave a residue and silicone doesn't adhere to silicone properly.