2019 20" Aluminum Clad wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TcRoc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine are starting to get very small speckle marks on them.. can't tell if its rust or what... I don't want to damage them using something I shouldn't to get this crap off...what is anybody else using that would clean this stuff off?

reyn3545

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
well, aluminum doesn't rust, so that's out of the picture. it could be pitting if some corrosive substance were splashed on them. The times are generally clear coated, so I wouldn't use anything abrasive to clean.

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I believe these 20" wheels are plastic clad and not aluminum.

That's what I thought too.

The body/structure of the wheel is aluminum and the pretty chrome part is bonded onto it and a plastic material.

JoseDirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yep, that is what the local Dodge dealer told me as well.....aluminum (plastic) chrome clad. But, the Service Advisor had no remedy. I thought he was drunk but I read more in the Forums.......all I can say is 'Dandy!?'

swargo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If it looks like rust spots it's probably rail dust. Hot particles coming off the brakes become embedded into the finish and rust over time. Iron-X will remove them.

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
The cladding is a low iron metal. Sparks when using a dremmel cutting wheel, peels like a tin can and if you look at the bottom there is a small magnet hanging on
View media item 27586

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I believe these 20" wheels are plastic clad and not aluminum.

Bingo and must be brake dust when the water hits them you get these marks very hard to clean off have to use a plastic polish or cleaner nothing abrasive it will put swirl marks in the plastic