2019 2500 6.4 Hemi - Getting a New Transmission - P0733

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StMapleBury

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, that was easy - for now anyway. The truck has less than 32K miles. DTC P0733 gear speed mismatch once last winter and once this summer. I couldn't get it in until today. I detailed my experience to the dealer in writing; both times I moved very slowly (less than 10 mph nearly empty load) and it wouldn't shift up after a clunking noise (very scientific term!). The dash trouble light came on. On restart it shifted just fine. P0733 read out with my OBC Tool.

I did enough web research to learn this is a serious problem. I don't know what the exact nature of the problem is. The dealer tech said they looked at the fluid and could see it was NOT burnt. If not burnt it is replace the trans time. So, that is what they will do under warranty - no cost other than waiting for a new transmission. They said three weeks lead time. I expected months, so three weeks is okay. The truck is a garage queen for most of the winter so I can wait.

So far it was easy. Now I wait.

OP
OP
S

StMapleBury

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Update: Dealer notified me the trans came in after less than two weeks. I picked the truck up this week as we were out of town. No cost. No issues. Runs perfect. Brand new transmission.

It seems to shift a bit smoother and doesn’t seem to make as much noise - all subjective, I know.

A nice early Christmas present.

Last edited:

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Update: Dealer notified me the trans came in after less than two weeks. I picked the truck up this week as we were out of town. No cost. No issues. Runs perfect. Brand new transmission.

It seems to shift a bit smoother and doesn’t seem to make as much noise - all subjective, I know.

I nice early Christmas present.
Make sure U light a candle to the truck Gods, U came out real well and fast too!!!

tcass

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 V6 Echo-diesel
i'm starting to have trouble with my 2022 Ram 1500 Echo-diesel. It clunks with no real specific rhyme or reason. not really on a shift but its coming from the transmission. sometimes feels like i hit a pot hole. Just a little over 18000 miles on it. it might do it 4 or 5 times during a 100 mile trip. sometimes its barely noticeable other times its pretty solid.

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
i'm starting to have trouble with my 2022 Ram 1500 Echo-diesel. It clunks with no real specific rhyme or reason. not really on a shift but its coming from the transmission. sometimes feels like i hit a pot hole. Just a little over 18000 miles on it. it might do it 4 or 5 times during a 100 mile trip. sometimes its barely noticeable other times its pretty solid.
1. This was about a 2500 with a 6.4, so different transmission.
2. I would suggest you crawl under the truck and look for anything loose. If you can't see anything obvious, take it in to a dealer for warranty, offer to take the service writer/manager/tech for a ride to show them what you're talking about (they don't like to make test drives longer than 5 minutes, so if it takes a bit for it to happen they may never see/hear it). Either way, if you can show them what it's doing or if they can replicate it, then you will be covered under warranty.