2019 4x4 - Bad Front Axle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GilR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
My mechanic showed me the play in my right front axle. My truck only has 53K miles. Dealer wants over $800 to replace axle. Anyone else had this issue? I do not have extended warranty. Here is pic from another post that looks identical to mine.

1697676312064.png

Scottly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO 6.7 Cummins
My mechanic showed me the play in my right front axle...... Dealer wants over $800 to replace axle.
My question is as follows: "My mechanic" showed you the issue, yet you called a dealer to inquire about replacing it. So, is "my mechanic" not capable of replacing it? If not, then maybe "my mechanic" mis-diagnosed it while doing the cheapo oil change. If you haven't been to the dealer to have it diagnosed, that might be a good first step. If you have, @DILLIGAF had a great solution. But I suspect that isn't an option because I sense you're not a DIY'er.

OP
OP
G

GilR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Yes, took it to dealership thinking it may be under warranty. Fortunately "my mechanic" is capable. Not sure where you get cheapo oil change from. I am a DIY'r for some things, but don't think I'll take this one on.

NJ4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, took it to dealership thinking it may be under warranty. Fortunately "my mechanic" is capable. Not sure where you get cheapo oil change from. I am a DIY'r for some things, but don't think I'll take this one on.
I was wondering where the "cheapo oil change" came from too.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
@Scottly you might want to keep the conversation to the topic and facts presented as embellishing the response with your own "facts" could be deemed as attacking another member... that's frowned upon on this forum and you've been warned about this before.

OP
OP
G

GilR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Why isn't under warranty? That should be covered under your powertrain warranty. 5year, 60K. I just had my right side and differential replaced 3 weeks ago, under warranty.
I thought it would be covered as well under powertrain. I will call other dealer & see what they say. Keep u posted!

OP
OP
G

GilR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Why isn't under warranty? That should be covered under your powertrain warranty. 5year, 60K. I just had my right side and differential replaced 3 weeks ago, under warranty.
I thought it would be covered as well under powertrain. I will call other dealer & see what they say. Keep u posted!
Thanks!

OP
OP
G

GilR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
@Scottly you might want to keep the conversation to the topic and facts presented as embellishing the response with your own "facts" could be deemed as attacking another member... that's frowned upon on this forum and you've been warned about this before.

:happy160:

jmc921

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L Hemi
Turns out, the front axle is covered under powertrain warranty - called another dealer & they confirmed; Spoke to GM @dealership who wanted to charge $800 - Advised him I won't be going back there again...
Good for you. No need to spend money at dealers who are, let’s say, less than forthright.