2019 issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mikes578514

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I’m having some issues with my 2019 ram 1500 big horn. Couple of weeks ago I went out to get in the truck to go somewhere and there was no response to opening the doors pressing the start button no lights sounds nothing. I put it on charge, it started when my son got home, I had my son check the battery and charging system when he got home, they tested fine. Drove the truck for another couple weeks and installed a factory OEM trailer brake controller. I finished the inside cab portion of dash mounted trailer brake controller the engine started coughing sputtering spitting and farting everything but standing on its head and not running right. I then finished the mounting of the behind the dash module, still no joy on running properly. I understand that the trailer brake controller needs to have the computer flashed to become functional and it’s at the dealership currently to get that done. Could that be the cause of the malfunctioning power plant?

thanks

mike

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
Installing an OEM trailer brake controller shouldn't affect anything with the engine.

If you had to charge it to get it to run, probably have a bad battery. I don't know what or how you checked it, but that could be issue #1.

Last edited: