2019 Problem & Fix Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

echristi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 e-torque
Need some opinions here. I have the same clunking noise in the front end that I've read often here, took it to the dealer last Saturday and was told that they had a TSB on that to tighten the body mounts. Dealer also told me the tech reached out to the engineers for further guidance. Didn't even get off their lot and still had the clunking. Dealer call me yesterday and told me the engineers replied to their STAR inquiry and stated that during manufacture there was an issue of a build up of welding spatter on the frame. They want to pull the cab off the truck check this. Really not sure if I want them to do this to a brand new truck. Never mentioned anything about loose suspension bolts or anything. Has anyone else gotten this response? Should I look for another dealership for a second opinion? Any input would be appreciated!
I didn't get the whole weld splatter story... but I have my truck scheduled for 11/5 to go in "for up to a week" while they take the cab off and check the welds and verify everything.

echristi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 e-torque
Need some opinions here. I have the same clunking noise in the front end that I've read often here, took it to the dealer last Saturday and was told that they had a TSB on that to tighten the body mounts. Dealer also told me the tech reached out to the engineers for further guidance. Didn't even get off their lot and still had the clunking. Dealer call me yesterday and told me the engineers replied to their STAR inquiry and stated that during manufacture there was an issue of a build up of welding spatter on the frame. They want to pull the cab off the truck check this. Really not sure if I want them to do this to a brand new truck. Never mentioned anything about loose suspension bolts or anything. Has anyone else gotten this response? Should I look for another dealership for a second opinion? Any input would be appreciated!
Have you had your truck in to have them do this yet?

OP
OP
A

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I 2nd the suspension theory. Mine happens when there’s a bump like leaving my driveway or something similar. Always drivers side left. You can feel the pop/clunk faintly through the floorboard. And faintly hear it as well.

Exactly how mine was. Loose sway bar.

RFD255

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not yet, I've e-mailed FCA to get some clarification on why they went this route before I let my dealer rip apart a new truck. Still awaiting a reply

Sportznut

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Im thinking its doing it in areo mode or more noticable and the 1500 miles it was sticking pretty good....now its hardly doing it @ 3300 miles......Tires or steering breaking in maybe? I thought I would wait and see @ 5000 miles if it goes away. How many miles have you got on?
I just experieced this exact issue yesterday on a 800 mile trip.

Approx 3500 miles on my 2019.

I see other threads on this sight with similar issues. Some the power steering went out completely. Some had the steering rack replaced.

I am going to try turning off lane assist. Would like to wait until 5000 miles to take to dealer.

Maybe we should compare build dates and locations?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Laramie Sport 4WD
Engine
I just experieced this exact issue yesterday on a 800 mile trip.

Approx 3500 miles on my 2019.

I see other threads on this sight with similar issues. Some the power steering went out completely. Some had the steering rack replaced.

I am going to try turning off lane assist. Would like to wait until 5000 miles to take to dealer.

Maybe we should compare build dates and locations?

Just took mine in to the dealer 4th time two dealers. It was doing much better then all of a sudden stuck in E/E mode would not come out. Finally after setting over night it went back to Normal then sticking in aero mode again. Its been at the dealer since since last Tuesday with no fix yet. Dealer started a "star case". Dealer called Friday said FCA is trying different approaches to resolve.

My truck was ordered June 2018 and Build date was July 28th 2018 with no lane assist or the Adaptive braking. ( I have it on the 2018 Scat Pack and do not like like it) mileage is at 4400 miles and the problem started or I noticed it in the first week of ownership. I can say there has been no other issues with the truck many others have reported. Really like the the new truck. I had a 2014 ram 1500 Laramie with Air Suspension having no issues at all in nearly 5 years and 60000 miles had it.

Sportznut

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just took mine in to the dealer 4th time two dealers. It was doing much better then all of a sudden stuck in E/E mode would not come out. Finally after setting over night it went back to Normal then sticking in aero mode again. Its been at the dealer since since last Tuesday with no fix yet. Dealer started a "star case". Dealer called Friday said FCA is trying different approaches to resolve.

My truck was ordered June 2018 and Build date was July 28th 2018 with no lane assist or the Adaptive braking. ( I have it on the 2018 Scat Pack and do not like like it) mileage is at 4400 miles and the problem started or I noticed it in the first week of ownership. I can say there has been no other issues with the truck many others have reported. Really like the the new truck. I had a 2014 ram 1500 Laramie with Air Suspension having no issues at all in nearly 5 years and 60000 miles had it.
Mine was built 5/18

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
Thanks for the tip. I’ll have them check the sway bar when I can get it in there.

I had/have that thump underneath when the wheel is turned to the right. mostly when backing out at the end of my driveway. I replaced the sway bar with the Helwig bar and the oem sway bar was not loose when I took it off so that is not the source of the problem for me.

Elias Gzz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hello

I still having problems with my A/C, my truck already have more than 44+ days at the dealer in different occasion for the same problem they can fixed, i Got i case with FCA already 2+months and they don't give me any solution, I don't want the truck anymore, i can only drive the truck like 2 weeks and then going back to the dealer, so I start to loose my patient, i don't know what to do anymore, the A/C is just one of the problem that the truck have!!!!!!!!!!!Auto and Front defrost at the same time

IMG_4273.jpg

IMG_3938.jpg

IMG_5081.jpg

IMG_3938.jpg

IMG_4273.jpg

dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI® V8
Google Lemon Law Lawyer, pick one or a few and give them a call. Explain the situation and they will evaluate whether they will take your case. Be prepared to document everything (Trips to the dealer, phone calls, service invoices, etc...). The process will take months and you will likely have to go to court for a buyback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LaramieLongHorn13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Find you a lemon law lawyer. Another person had several issues and has posted he got resolution rather quickly. He also seemed satisfied with the resolution

Stevesfirstram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Anyone notice in auto mode the fan for the heat comes on immediately when you start the truck on a cold day instead of waiting for the engine to warm up. This is the only time you get cold air blowing out of the vents. In the summer, my A/C blows colder out of the passenger side then the driver side by 7-10 degrees. The service guy and I hoped into a brand new one and it was the same way. So he said it wasn't broken. This must be a characteristic of the new trucks.

SilverBullet85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Anyone notice in auto mode the fan for the heat comes on immediately when you start the truck on a cold day instead of waiting for the engine to warm up. This is the only time you get cold air blowing out of the vents. In the summer, my A/C blows colder out of the passenger side then the driver side by 7-10 degrees. The service guy and I hoped into a brand new one and it was the same way. So he said it wasn't broken. This must be a characteristic of the new trucks.
I have noticed it kicks on right away and doesn't wait for the truck temp to 'warm up' like every other system I've known. I will say I don't notice the air blowing cold on me so I'm not sure if it's just on the floor and I'm not feeling it through my work clothes or what but it's odd that you hear that fan humming as soon as you start the truck on a cold day. Reminds me of my grandpa back when I was a kid who would just blast the vents in his Crown Vic...lol...I'd say, Grandpa, "It's just blowing cold air".....! Remember that age old debate of whether it warms up quicker because the fan motor is running than actually waiting for that temp needle to budge a bit? I was always in the wait until it spits out some heat camp.

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hmmmmm, I've read this whole thread and at one point I considered cancelling my 2019 order. As someone else mentioned here the problems are few and nobody writes about how good and wonderful their new truck is and was. But I read the same criticism about my 2017 before I ordered it. So the only issue I'm having in my current truck is the air suspension. That's why I ordered a 2019 without the air suspension of course.

hotrod45

Military
Reaction score
I have noticed it kicks on right away and doesn't wait for the truck temp to 'warm up' like every other system I've known. I will say I don't notice the air blowing cold on me so I'm not sure if it's just on the floor and I'm not feeling it through my work clothes or what but it's odd that you hear that fan humming as soon as you start the truck on a cold day. Reminds me of my grandpa back when I was a kid who would just blast the vents in his Crown Vic...lol...I'd say, Grandpa, "It's just blowing cold air".....! Remember that age old debate of whether it warms up quicker because the fan motor is running than actually waiting for that temp needle to budge a bit? I was always in the wait until it spits out some heat camp.
I'm not sure if all of you have a heat system that includes "auto" setting or not. Mine does and if the fan control is set on "auto," the fan does not come on right away. I checked it just a while ago and the fan didn't come on until we were about a mile down the road. It also seemed to come on at a lower setting and then it seemed to speed up as the truck got warmer. If I don't have it on "auto," the fan comes on right away at whatever speed it was set at.

darynm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just took my 2019 Ram Limited with 12'" screen to the dealer for various issues. Some related to Uconnect and software glitches. As I pull up to the dealer, I see there is a update being pushed down on the screen. Ugh. So, of course I'm debating about doing the update first before leaving the vehicle but had other minor things I wanted checked. Does anyone know what this software update is supposed to address that was rolled out today?

Last edited:

Stevesfirstram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Last night I tried to use the drivers side seat heater and it would come on for 2-3 seconds and then switch off. I have to take it in tomorrow so the dealer can look at it. They are getting sick of me. The truck just turned over 2000 miles so maybe I am asking too much to have a Ram without multiple problems. I guess 68,000 is not enough money for a dependable truck.

TommmyD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 etorque
Knock on wood, no concerning problems after 2500 miles.
I heard the front suspension knock on the driver's side a couple times but it's been gone for at least 1000 miles.
I do have an issue with plugging my phone in using Android auto and then having the phone not connect to Bluetooth. Shut the phone down and restart it, it will connect to Bluetooth. This is a problem I have in other cars so can't say it's a problem with the truck.

I have heard some engine pinging while catching Eco mode going up hill. I prod the throttle to get Eco mode to turn off.