2019 Problem & Fix Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI® V8
Knock on wood, no concerning problems after 2500 miles.
I heard the front suspension knock on the driver's side a couple times but it's been gone for at least 1000 miles.
I do have an issue with plugging my phone in using Android auto and then having the phone not connect to Bluetooth. Shut the phone down and restart it, it will connect to Bluetooth. This is a problem I have in other cars so can't say it's a problem with the truck.

I have heard some engine pinging while catching Eco mode going up hill. I prod the throttle to get Eco mode to turn off.

Not exactly sure about Android Auto but with CarPlay it’s either one or the other. If it’s connected to CarPlay it disconnects from Bluetooth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nicksta

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Anyone have issues with the display themes in the cluster? I'm able to change the display and it changes for both the radio and the cluster but if shut the car off for a prolonged period of time the cluster goes back to the default display but the radio stays the same. weird bug and not that big of deal. Just annoying. Its a big horn with the 8.4 display btw.

Jason Leonard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone have issues with the display themes in the cluster? I'm able to change the display and it changes for both the radio and the cluster but if shut the car off for a prolonged period of time the cluster goes back to the default display but the radio stays the same. weird bug and not that big of deal. Just annoying. Its a big horn with the 8.4 display btw.
I’m having the same issue on my mine too. At first the display on the radio and the cluster would revert back to the default settings. Now it’s just the cluster going back to the default screen.Also some of my radio station settings go back to default as well. Almost like it’s a memory problem. Gonna have my dealer take a look at that once they figure out what’s causing my shake/wobble at 55-65 mph.

TommmyD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 etorque
Not exactly sure about Android Auto but with CarPlay it’s either one or the other. If it’s connected to CarPlay it disconnects from Bluetooth.

Clarifying..let's say I first connect to Bluetooth, then decide to plug in and use Android auto, it won't reconnect to Bluetooth..ever, unless I re-pair the phone, even though it has it still listed as a paired phone and telling it to connect, it refuses to connect. Basically it wants you to use Bluetooth or Android auto all the time but not go back and forth. If I always use just one way to connect the phone, it has no issue.
Funny thing is, Android auto needs the phone to be paired and Bluetooth turned on to work.

bianca11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Happy Thanksgiving all. Just got my 2019 RAM Big Horn yesterday. Took a road trip (300 miles roundtrip) for Thanksgiving today...and noticed a pretty powerful smell/odor coming from the vents on about 4 separate occasions during the trip. Best way to describe it is when my daughter (who was half asleep the first time) asked "what smells like fish?". Would come through when it was set to outside air on a low (1 or 2) level at about 69 degrees...which is what it was set at for most of the trip. To me..the smell was "rubber meets power steering fluid meets fish". Would last for 20-30 seconds...then slowly dissipate. Happened randomly...twice on the first leg of the trip and twice on the return leg...usually about an hour apart. Was definitely not any other vehicle on the road. Could just be a "one off"...again...haven't had the vehicle more than 36 hours. Just throwing it out there for what it's worth...wondering if I'm alone on this or not. Hoping it doesn't become a chronic problem. Pretty disheartening if it is. Thanks.

dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI® V8
Copy that...mine does not do that. If I pull the plug and disconnect CarPlay it will reconnect over Bluetooth.

dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI® V8
Happy Thanksgiving all. Just got my 2019 RAM Big Horn yesterday. Took a road trip (300 miles roundtrip) for Thanksgiving today...and noticed a pretty powerful smell/odor coming from the vents on about 4 separate occasions during the trip. Best way to describe it is when my daughter (who was half asleep the first time) asked "what smells like fish?". Would come through when it was set to outside air on a low (1 or 2) level at about 69 degrees...which is what it was set at for most of the trip. To me..the smell was "rubber meets power steering fluid meets fish". Would last for 20-30 seconds...then slowly dissipate. Happened randomly...twice on the first leg of the trip and twice on the return leg...usually about an hour apart. Was definitely not any other vehicle on the road. Could just be a "one off"...again...haven't had the vehicle more than 36 hours. Just throwing it out there for what it's worth...wondering if I'm alone on this or not. Hoping it doesn't become a chronic problem. Pretty disheartening if it is. Thanks.

Sounds like a case of he who smelt it dealt it. [emoji1787]

Just kidding. I hope it’s just the newness burning off.

TimboRam77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Truck would not start twice now. only 9.7 volts. Slow charged the battery and all is well. This never happens if I leave the suspension in tire jack mode. I've caught the truck a few times while parked having air suspension bi-polar mode. Back to the shop. Just hope this time my truck does not get returned with a nice dent and the interior stinking of bondo like the last visit, or is this asking too much.

phlram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Android user here - it does not disconnect me from Bluetooth.

SilverBullet85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm not sure if all of you have a heat system that includes "auto" setting or not. Mine does and if the fan control is set on "auto," the fan does not come on right away. I checked it just a while ago and the fan didn't come on until we were about a mile down the road. It also seemed to come on at a lower setting and then it seemed to speed up as the truck got warmer. If I don't have it on "auto," the fan comes on right away at whatever speed it was set at.
I do have the auto setting and it certainly kicks on cold as can be or not...I thought it was odd that it kicks on immediately each time. I probably have an issue but between Customer care and my local stealership they won't fix ****. I got a good one I'm about to post on the subject of my whistling driver side mirror.

SilverBullet85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I've been dealing with the worst service department on the East Coast so I guess it's nice we're famous for something in my home state. :)
My auto-fold function for my mirrors goes haywire pretty often and clicks and makes a bunch of horrible sounds. Sometimes one mirror will fold out and one will stay in etc...
First trip to the dealer for an oil change and they got grease on my headliner and visor.
Second trip that was scheduled when I checked out of the first because you know dealers hate doing warranty work so they could do the oil change and rotation yesterday but the warranty stuff would have to wait 8 weeks. I'm a good boy so I play nice and get scheduled up. They were gonna do that thing with the hood shutter and need to let the truck sit, one of the reasons they needed to schedule me so far out, also look at my A/C and the mirror whistle, radio presets and I think that's about it....
I called them 3 days after I dropped off my truck. They didn't call me. Told me they had 4 times when I called them that day, I should have ran then...
They checked my radio presets and A/C in those 3 days. They're fine...and actually the air is even colder than usual...I'm sure that's a thing, too.
So they didn't do **** to all of the real issues I had and said they could not get to the hood because,,,you guessed it, the truck needed to sit overnight. These poor ******** can't even tell a different lie the second go around. Fast forward to this morning and 4 visits later and not one thing is resolved even after replacing some window switch (i was told the mirror's fold issue was known). I have about 30 emails going back and forth with customer care but this last one is pretty sweet so I'm gonna share it here:

upload_2018-11-29_10-39-43.png

FCA is sorry about this...So Gentleman, Do all of your driver side mirrors whistle loud enough to be heard through a closed window at 35 mph? I sure hope I'm not being difficult just because I got lucky that I bought the only one that did NOT whistle when new...apparently it's a design feature.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Gotta Love FCA......I really enjoy my ride but hope I neva have a bad issue. Only good thing is, I have a pretty decent dealership and Service Dept. Guess time will tell....all IMHO....

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Knock on wood, no concerning problems after 2500 miles.
I heard the front suspension knock on the driver's side a couple times but it's been gone for at least 1000 miles.
I do have an issue with plugging my phone in using Android auto and then having the phone not connect to Bluetooth. Shut the phone down and restart it, it will connect to Bluetooth. This is a problem I have in other cars so can't say it's a problem with the truck.

I have heard some engine pinging while catching Eco mode going up hill. I prod the throttle to get Eco mode to turn off.

Put in manual 8th gear and it will turn off the MDS, whether running in hills or anywhere else. Also, pinging, what grade fuel using? IF U R using 87 Octane, go up to 89 Octane as that is recommended, 87 just acceptable.

On MY 19 Bighorn, with I Phone, plugging in Car Play does disconnect Blue tooth as all phone stuff runs through Car Play ... Not know on Android but IMHO prob works the same....

Last edited:

foolsh1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Blackout edition,Hemi 5.7 etorque
I have a noise problem, not a defect, more like a annoying chime. I have gone almost through the owners manual and cannot find what is causing it too chime? I do not know WHAT or WHEN it happens. I am driving and NO lights/warnings are showing up, but I hear a chime. I have turned off the chime for the BSM (blind side mirrors), still it is chiming? It is not like it is all the time, but it is annoying! I am wondering on Sirrius XM, I have saved favorite musicians and it is alerting me one is on? Anybody has had this problem or know what it is, any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

Last edited:

hotrod45

Military
Reaction score
You are correctly describing an alert on SXM, I believe. I remember having to shut that off before it drove me nuts.

foolsh1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Blackout edition,Hemi 5.7 etorque
Thank you, I am finally at the Multimedia section of the owners manual! :Angry:
It is driving me nuts too, every time it happens I have a good song on enjoying those 19 speakers and you hear that chime and it's like
what the heck was that, you panic and look for a idiot light and there is nothing? I wanna :biggun: that chime! :cool:

SilverBullet85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Gotta Love FCA......I really enjoy my ride but hope I neva have a bad issue. Only good thing is, I have a pretty decent dealership and Service Dept. Guess time will tell....all IMHO....
It all comes down to a good service department for sure. I can't believe I'm having to put up a fight for a whistling mirror. The best part is I've been coming to this service department for years. I won't let them put air in my tires in the future.

OP
OP
A

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you, I am finally at the Multimedia section of the owners manual! :Angry:
It is driving me nuts too, every time it happens I have a good song on enjoying those 19 speakers and you hear that chime and it's like
what the heck was that, you panic and look for a idiot light and there is nothing? I wanna :biggun: that chime! :cool:

I get a random chime - if I look down the cluster tells me to put my hands on the wheel....even though at least one is. It is part of the lane departure.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I get a random chime - if I look down the cluster tells me to put my hands on the wheel....even though at least one is. It is part of the lane departure.

Wow really? I assume you can turn that off by turning the lane departure off?