2019 Problem & Fix Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dan89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
My main problem right now is a water leak. First thunderstorm after purchasing my 2019 limited ended up having wet carpet on drivers side front and back. Took to dealer and they said they fixed plugged water tube in the sunroof. Well it’s rained twice in 2 days and now the passenger side back carpet is wet! It appears to be coming from passenger side back corner of the truck and running down in the back floor. Could be the satellite antenna in the roof or back window. Back to the dealer we go!

Doombuggy73

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A/C system on auto takes 3-5 minutes to sense the temp and then start working properly.

It’s been 100+ here in Texas and the auto A/C seems to be all or nothing at first- then starts blowing correctly after awhile.

Anyone else had this issue?

OP
OP
A

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not usually. I've had to do it on so many cars and trucks I've owned.

Dealers seem to consider it a service and want to charge you for it.

With a few hundred miles it should be covered IMO.

All other issues updated to main post.

Jus Cruisin

Gearhead
Reaction score
Metro Detroit area after 28 years in Florida
Ram Year
2019 Limited 4X4
Engine
E-torque hemi
With a few hundred miles it should be covered IMO.

All other issues updated to main post.

Sure it's covered but all they'll do is sand the existing pads and maybe resurface the rotors (which effectively shortens the rotor life). Not what I want to have done.

OP
OP
A

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sure it's covered but all they'll do is sand the existing pads and maybe resurface the rotors (which effectively shortens the rotor life). Not what I want to have done.

Agreed. I have to make my Charger in soon for oil change, so I will talk to them and see their thoughts.

iLLeStEyECoN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Okay, let’s add these. My rear right passenger window sounds like it hits a hitch in the track on the way down. Nothing severe, nothing that limits its use, but it will be addressed. My A/C has this static sound coming from the two front central vents whenever it’s blowing hard. It’s annoying. Whatever has a delayed shut off outside of the cab was extremely loud the other day - keeping an eye on this. I also have one piece of trim that isn’t flush, which I’ll ask them to fix. None of these are deal breakers or things I even remember daily (except the A/C), but will be addressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
A

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What is the noise outside? If it is high pitched it could be the HID or LEDs light across the truck. That is normal.

iLLeStEyECoN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
What is the noise outside? If it is high pitched it could be the HID or LEDs light across the truck. That is normal.

It’s high-er pitched, not high pitched like the whistling. It doesn’t sound like a groan. I’ve only heard it once and I haven’t been unable to reproduce the sound. My last two Chargers had HIDs and LEDs and I never heard this noise. Then again, I only heard it because I stayed at the truck after shutting down after a long drive. I rarely just sit there for 5 minutes after parking.

OP
OP
A

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It’s high-er pitched, not high pitched like the whistling. It doesn’t sound like a groan. I’ve only heard it once and I haven’t been unable to reproduce the sound. My last two Chargers had HIDs and LEDs and I never heard this noise. Then again, I only heard it because I stayed at the truck after shutting down after a long drive. I rarely just sit there for 5 minutes after parking.

I notice with mine I have a high pitch sound, much like my aftermarket HIDs in my old Ram. I do not think it is there with my Charger. I also think the air suspension makes a high pitched sound, but it may be the bed lights. Keep us updated.

Accountant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Laramie Hemi 5.7L
My main problem right now is a water leak. First thunderstorm after purchasing my 2019 limited ended up having wet carpet on drivers side front and back. Took to dealer and they said they fixed plugged water tube in the sunroof. Well it’s rained twice in 2 days and now the passenger side back carpet is wet! It appears to be coming from passenger side back corner of the truck and running down in the back floor. Could be the satellite antenna in the roof or back window. Back to the dealer we go!

From what I've read, it could also be bad seal at brake light.

warv3t

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There were two small door dings on pickup. Dealer is taking care of it, I asked for the scratch and dent sale but they insisted on on fixing it. Honestly it’s going to happen anyway and the first one is the hardest so I figured it would just get them out of the way. [emoji3]

If I absolutely have to park next to other cars I usually raise it up to OR2 and put out the running boards. Little in life gives me more pleasure than seeing other peoples paint on my running boards and trailer hitch. I hate people who swing their doors open with no regard for the car next to them.

I saw the setting for "auto" floor boards and "store" floor boards. You're saying there is a setting to just put them out and have them stay out when the truck is parked?

Jus Cruisin

Gearhead
Reaction score
Metro Detroit area after 28 years in Florida
Ram Year
2019 Limited 4X4
Engine
E-torque hemi
I saw the setting for "auto" floor boards and "store" floor boards. You're saying there is a setting to just put them out and have them stay out when the truck is parked?

There should be. On my F150, I extend them to stay out/deployed when I stop at restaurants or other parking lots I can't "protect" against door dings. It'll stop car doors from hitting the truck. It doesn't help with higher vehicles.

warv3t

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There should be. On my F150, I extend them to stay out/deployed when I stop at restaurants or other parking lots I can't "protect" against door dings. It'll stop car doors from hitting the truck. It doesn't help with higher vehicles.

I don't think there is ...I looked because my supervisor has a King Ranch and he extends his for the car wash guys to use when drying his truck.

I'm a disabled vet some one of those perks is the super huge handicap spots. If they are full.......I park way out. But yep.....there are times when I'm "stuck" between cars, but not often.

warv3t

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A/C system on auto takes 3-5 minutes to sense the temp and then start working properly.

It’s been 100+ here in Texas and the auto A/C seems to be all or nothing at first- then starts blowing correctly after awhile.

Anyone else had this issue?

It's normal. It's in the manual. Manual recommends "face only" fan on "high" not on "auto" not on "recirculation" windows down for a couple minutes to flush out the hot air. I've done this the entire 800 miles and it works wonders. Once it cools down, then I go to auto mode and set my desired temperature. Is this optimal.....maybe not, but it works.

To provide you with maximum comfort in the Automatic

mode during cold start-ups, the blower fan will remain on

low until the engine warms up. The blower will increase in

speed and transition into Auto mode.

dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI® V8

Not a setting, I just have to deploy them manually. That would be nice to have a shortcut button to raise it up and deploy the steps. I’d call it Wal-Mart parking mode. [emoji3]

86db39c6b6583c8f29ed02d860e295d3.jpg

warv3t

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not a setting, I just have to deploy them manually. That would be nice to have a shortcut button to raise it up and deploy the steps. I’d call it Wal-Mart parking mode. [emoji3]

86db39c6b6583c8f29ed02d860e295d3.jpg

Thank you so much for this!!!!! The other day, my tinter had the doors open and I could see the boards were in the way so I "stored" them..........I just went outside and sat inside and now I SEE ......when the boards are in, "deploy" shows Thanks alot! But I just tested with my wife's very low Mercedes and it seems that her door would still hit me and her car is really low. But I'll do a better test later when I feel like moving it closer lol