2019 Ram 1500 - (2)mirror questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcarli00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello Everyone!

I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie, with heated mirrors and blind spot alert on the truck.

Question #1 - Someone had flipped back my passenger side motorized mirror and broke the gearing inside, so the mirror will not lock down where it's supposed to. Are any internal replacement parts available for my mirror that I can repair myself without having to purchase a brand new mirror? Dealer quoted over $600 to replace passenger side mirror. They said I have the top of the line mirrors that have blind spot sensors built in for the blind spot triangles to work on the vehicle. Very pricey $$$$.

Question #2 - Can I swap out my blind spot mirror glass with a plain mirror from Mopar that will fit both driver's and passenger's mirrors on the truck? The factory blind spot mirror is horrible, and I'd rather have a plain mirror and add a small round convex mirror myself that would work better than the factory version.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

JC
Louisville, KY

Attachments

• Ram.1500.bw.103122.jpg
    Ram.1500.bw.103122.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 2

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year