2019 Ram 1500 Headlight Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donald Francis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello

Can somebody confirm this. I wanted to replace the lightbulbs in my 2019 Ram 1500 (headlight/ fog light). With a multi-coloured bulb for truck shows.

The manual was unclear so I called the dealership to find out how many bulbs I would need 2 or 3.

They said in the 2019 Ram 1500 headlights are a complete sealed unit. If one burns out you must replace the whole thing at $1100 Canadian!!!

Is this true? And if so why in Gods name would they ever design such a stupid thing?

Thank you and rant over

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I haven't heard that. I've gotta check into that. That's just stupid to do something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

Donald Francis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I haven't heard that. I've gotta check into that. That's just stupid to do something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know if I'm more pissed off that it's a so called sealed unit or the fact that I can't just replace the bulbs....I actually love the look of the headlights and just wanted a multi color light for Truck night shows....Like I get it, it's an LED and probably will last longer than the truck but regardless. Still stupid and for $1100 I'll just have custom lights made...Sorry Ram you will NOT be getting my $$$

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, I am happy with my mid tier lights. At least I can see. Good luck on yer search. Post some pics when done.

OP
OP
D

Donald Francis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There from lightworkz. And yes you need to take the light apart and replace the factory boards with the new ones
OK COOL....I will look into that option when the time comes, thank you. If it's not plug and play I'd be lost (lol) but my buddy I'm sure can help me build it. Thank you again for your feedback.....for now, I have just ordered and will be replacing the fog lights