2019 Ram Bighorn pops out of gear when slowing down

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Billy Fox

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey everyone,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this. I'm new here, so I apologize if I'm posting incorrectly. I have a 2019 Ram Bighorn, 5.7 Hemi, with 19,000 miles. Just last week, as I was slowing down to a stop sign, the truck started to surge forward and buck hard, then it popped out of gear, and a "service electronic throttle control" warning came on. The truck went into limp mode, and I had to restart the truck, then it ran fine. That happens about 1-2 times a day. In between those happening, when slowing to a stop, the truck pops out of gear, and a "shift to park then desired gear" warning comes up, and I have to coast to the side of the road to shift to park then back to drive. I have brought it to the dealership already and they replaced something with the throttle, but that didn't do anything. I am bringing it back in tomorrow morning, but I feel like if they can't replicate it, they won't figure it out. Has anyone else had this problem? Thank you!