2019 Ram express manual locks and windows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lildikgang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m wanting to add remote start and I notice I have the harness for the hood latch already but do not have the hood latch that needs to be hooked up I’ve been told I can’t add factory remote start from dealer and than another dealer says I can could anyone help

Livinalittle

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport, 6 speed, 4x4, 3.92
Engine
5.7L Hemi
You can definitely add a factory remote start; in fact, I would recommend going with factory over after market.
Also... a period or two might get you more responses. I had to read that a few times.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m wanting to add remote start and I notice I have the harness for the hood latch already but do not have the hood latch that needs to be hooked up I’ve been told I can’t add factory remote start from dealer and than another dealer says I can could anyone help
What cab configuration is your truck? If it's a regular cab then the truck should have the entire hood latch harness that should be connected to pin#11 in the BCM. They build so few regular cabs they put the same harness in all of them. If your truck is a Quad Cab or Crew Cab the actual hood latch harness is not present. The connector you are seeing doesn’t actually go anywhere. It's just part of the front end harness they put on all the trucks. As far as the dealer adding remote start goes I'm pretty sure they cannot unless your truck is equiped with power door locks from the factory. The code will be grayed out to them to be selected on your available options list in your BCM. The truck has to be able to detect it's locked and in park before the remote start will activate. It cannot do that if you don't have power locks. I'm not sure if anyone's tried enabling the code with the Alfa tool and figured out how to get a non power lock truck working but if they have I haven't seen it. I always reccomend the factory remote start on these trucks when possible but in your case I think your best bet would be to go aftermarket since you don't have power door locks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
L

Lildikgang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What cab configuration is your truck? If it's a regular cab then the truck should have the entire hood latch harness that should be connected to pin#11 in the BCM. They build so few regular cabs they put the same harness in all of them. If your truck is a Quad Cab or Crew Cab the actual hood latch harness is not present. The connector you are seeing doesn’t actually go anywhere. It's just part of the front end harness they put on all the trucks. As far as the dealer adding remote start goes I'm pretty sure they cannot unless your truck is equiped with power door locks from the factory. The code will be grayed out to them to be selected on your available options list in your BCM. The truck has to be able to detect it's locked and in park before the remote start will activate. It cannot do that if you don't have power locks. I'm not sure if anyone's tried enabling the code with the Alfa tool and figured out how to get a non power lock truck working but if they have I haven't seen it. I always reccomend the factory remote start on these trucks when possible but in your case I think your best bet would be to go aftermarket since you don't have power door locks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
What if I added aftermarket locks would that work