2019 Ram Steering Pull / Drift to the right

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NewFCAcustomer

Reaction score
Ram Year
NONE...SOLD
Engine
CHEVROLET
Hello all,

I am writing to ask other Ram owners if they experience a pull / drift to the right when lightly touching or taking their hands off the steering wheel for a few moments.

I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie crew cab and I have a constant pull / drift to the right as soon as I let go of the steering wheel. Depending on road grade, the drift either starts out subtle and worsens or it can be severe enough to instantly start changing lanes or pull me off the road.

The dealer has checked the alignment 5 times and states everything is in spec. The dealer says they drove other new trucks from the lot and they have the same pull / drift. The dealer says there is nothing they can do, it’s just a characteristic of the Ram truck.

I have never owned a vehicle that pulled / drifted like this unless there was an alignment issue.

bm02tj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ask around for the best align shop with an old guy that understands steering
It also could be the electric rack that is causing the trouble

OP
OP
N

NewFCAcustomer

Reaction score
Ram Year
NONE...SOLD
Engine
CHEVROLET
Ask around for the best align shop with an old guy that understands steering
It also could be the electric rack that is causing the trouble

That’s my guess. Something to do with the electric steering that’s not tight enough and allows even the slightest rightward grade in the road to have an amplified effect. On the flip side, the truck will drive straight if there is a slight leftward grade in the road.

Duane Pipes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes noticed after about 1 month. Pulling right + steering wheel cocked to the right. After 3 alignments at the dealership shop, seems more straight. It's still not completely straight.

IMG_1469.JPG

OP
OP
N

NewFCAcustomer

Reaction score
Ram Year
NONE...SOLD
Engine
CHEVROLET
Yes noticed after about 1 month. Pulling right + steering wheel cocked to the right. After 3 alignments at the dealership shop, seems more straight. It's still not completely straight.

View attachment 177789

Are you taking it back again? If the steering wheel is off, they need to fix it.