2019 Rebel Audio cutting IN & OUT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Weimer369

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I have had an issue lately on my Rebel where the sound from the stereo (no matter what station, CD, Bluetooth or any other input) cuts in and out through all speakers. Its not like a loose connection that cuts in / out when i hit a bump or the truck shakes or something...its literally on for 5 seconds,off for 3 seconds, on for 5 seconds, off for 3 seconds........ I have had it happen a few times now and it goes away once i pull the negative battery and reset it. I stopped into the dealership to ask them about it and they had no idea what it was and hadn't heard about it, said i would have to bring it in for them to diagnose. I found this video on youtube from another fellow having the exact same issue.

Any advice ?

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I have had an issue lately on my Rebel where the sound from the stereo (no matter what station, CD, Bluetooth or any other input) cuts in and out through all speakers. Its not like a loose connection that cuts in / out when i hit a bump or the truck shakes or something...its literally on for 5 seconds,off for 3 seconds, on for 5 seconds, off for 3 seconds........ I have had it happen a few times now and it goes away once i pull the negative battery and reset it. I stopped into the dealership to ask them about it and they had no idea what it was and hadn't heard about it, said i would have to bring it in for them to diagnose. I found this video on youtube from another fellow having the exact same issue.

Any advice ?

Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
RamCares

OP
OP
Weimer369

Weimer369

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Kind of a pain in the butt...as a technician i understand that you cant troubleshoot an intermittent fault, and unless its a known issue i cant make an appointment to have it looked at and hope it repeats the problem that day.

tdoriot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Heimi 5.7
Hi All,
I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie with the 8.4 (I believe) radio nav system. It is not the 12". Same problem. No mater what input, the sound cycles on and off as described above. I can't recreate the problem on demand, no make it stop (other than just shutting it off.) The phone still works thru the system, but not well. Hours later after I shut the truck off, the radio will work fine. I have had it to the dealer at least 5 times. Sometimes for a week at a time. I have had it there while it was cycling, so they have heard it and taken audio/video of it. They replaced the radio, the display and lord only knows what else. We opened a Fiat Chrysler case the last time. Still no resolution. It is quite frustrating for a $ 50k purchase that I spend so much time in. Even the dealers rep says the radio systems suck. Anybody come up with a hard reset other than disconnecting the battery? And no, the volume and channel buttons do not work on this like they did on the 2016 ! Tracy

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Hi All,
I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie with the 8.4 (I believe) radio nav system. It is not the 12". Same problem. No mater what input, the sound cycles on and off as described above. I can't recreate the problem on demand, no make it stop (other than just shutting it off.) The phone still works thru the system, but not well. Hours later after I shut the truck off, the radio will work fine. I have had it to the dealer at least 5 times. Sometimes for a week at a time. I have had it there while it was cycling, so they have heard it and taken audio/video of it. They replaced the radio, the display and lord only knows what else. We opened a Fiat Chrysler case the last time. Still no resolution. It is quite frustrating for a $ 50k purchase that I spend so much time in. Even the dealers rep says the radio systems suck. Anybody come up with a hard reset other than disconnecting the battery? And no, the volume and channel buttons do not work on this like they did on the 2016 ! Tracy

Hi, I'm sorry to hear this is happening. Please send us a message with more details so I can look into this further.

Alison
RamCares

brian42

Military
Reaction score
Mine has the same issue but it usually cuts out for a lot longer than a few seconds. The dealership tells me it's a software issue. I've been told for almost a year now that uConnect has an update coming (starting to hit the streets for the 2020 trucks but not the 2019). They also checked my radio software and it is the latest they have.

The only saving grace is that any time this is happening I cycle through a few inputs using the center button on the back of the steering wheel (passenger's side) and the issue clears up for awhile.