2019 Windshield

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scottys19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 ETorque
Hey guys, 1st post here. Lovin all the info I've been pouring over! So I bought my 2019 Bighorn on 12/28/18. Last month, a stone flew up and cracked my windshield and it needs to be replaced already. The glass company is having a difficult time getting the proper parts for this. There is a retainer part that attaches to the bottom of the windshield and goes the entire width of the glass and attaches to the cowl moulding. Then there is a 3 sided/under moulding that the glass appears to sit on. The glass company has been to my house 3 times and has sent 2 different techs out for this. Apparently they haven't replaced any 2019 windshields yet. The dealerships don't show either of the 2 pieces as parts that they can get. Has anyone had to replace their windshield yet? Thanks much guys!
Scott

BSVmopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No, but if I were you I would insist on OEM glass only. I had a side window break and Safe-lite wanted to put a Chinese window in and I refused. OEM glass was only $135.00.

OP
OP
Scottys19

Scottys19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 ETorque
Since my truck only had 2200 miles on when I called in the claim, I asked for factory glass and they agreed. I’ve seen my new factory windshield in the glass guys van. I’m just in a holding pattern until this moulding thing gets figured out.

OP
OP
Scottys19

Scottys19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 ETorque
So as of today, the original crack on the drivers side has grown to 9” and I have a crack on the passenger side that is 6”. My windshield hasn’t been replaced yet because they’re still trying to figure out how to get the necessary molding and trim piece. Fun!

WA RamDom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Safelite had to use oem glass. Said the truck was too new. He also mentioned that i had rain sensing glass, but my wiper switch doesnt have an auto setting for it to work. Didnt know these trucks had that option. I wo der how i can get it added.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk