2020 1500 LoneStar USB ports

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jason Breslau

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just purchased a 2020 1500 BigHorn Lonestar edition. Unbder the UConnect system is the USB ports. There are two type "A" ports and two type "C" ports with the Aux port in the middle. What woulds the use be of the type "C" ports? Almost all charging / data USB cables have type "A" on one end.

Thanks

KeithP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
I just purchased a 2020 1500 BigHorn Lonestar edition. Unbder the UConnect system is the USB ports. There are two type "A" ports and two type "C" ports with the Aux port in the middle. What woulds the use be of the type "C" ports? Almost all charging / data USB cables have type "A" on one end.

Thanks
Welcome fellow Lone Star owner!

You said it yourself; “almost all”. It’s rare but there are cables with the male micro connectors on both ends. To have two of the ports built in seems like overkill to me, but maybe Ram knows something about future electronic devices we don’t. It may be that before you’re ready to replace this truck you’ll be glad those ports are there.

KG5TUD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Thanks
Actually I have both the normal USB to C and C to C. I have found out by my own use and online that the USB C charges at a faster rate.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Z mann R2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SUB C is just a nicer, smaller, reversible port to use .....my next charging/carplay cable with be the USB C one just for that reason