2020 Camping season.....over before it starts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Toddbigboytruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That’s a great idea for self isolation. People can be contagious for 7-14 days before any symptoms show up, so it might be wise for her to move out as a preventative caution.
My wife is a nurse transplant coordinator, but was an ICU nurse for 10yrs before that and a med-surg floor nurse for 5 years before that. They have already asked if she would be willing fill in ICU if the need arises.
Thanks to you wisdom, I will get the trailer ready for her in the event that it does happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you. I just hope the best for your and your family. I Am looking at renting 100 lbs propane tank so she will be warm and I will not have to keep refilling the 20 pounders it has alway been the backup plan if we ever needed it

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
We’ve discussed using the MH for isolation too. If one of us gets sick then the other will move into the MH, hopefully before they get infected. One of my recent projects was hookups so it’s ready for occupancy without needing the generator. That’s been on my to-do list for a while but it got priority this year.

OP
OP
GsRAM

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Thanks for all the replies. Sounds like we're all in the same boat.

I had already thought about using my tt for isolation if me or my wife gets sick, but my tt is only 23' and while in good shape is 31 yrs old this year. I can't imagine spending 14 days in it healthy, let alone sick..... but we'll see.

I pray for all the heath care workers on the front lines. They're sacrifices for the rest of us are huge.

It's ashame because this year has been so warm, I could have gotten out in April, which almost never happens.

I'll play it by ear and maybe prep it in may, see what happens.

Hang in there y'all. One day at a time is all we can do. Be safe.

Fake-Account27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
I just got my ram last November and we are a few days away from buying a new rig before this all went down. Going to put that on hold for now.

We have had a popup and a minivan for the last 3 seasons. I have already accepted May and early June are lost. I have not canceled our trip to UP in Late June, but I have mentally prepared that I will most likely have to.

Mbi777

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bought a TT last July in Wisconsin when I was still living in Florida, knowing I would be moving up here. Picked it up in October and have it in storage now. Planned out trips in April, May, July, and September. Campgrounds closed until the end of April here, and even if they open them in May I am still a bit weary to even go then. Stay safe everyone.......

mcdo3920

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 L Hemi
They're still having parks open in Minnesota but all the DNR managed facilities like campgrounds are closed. I have a few reservations I already made this summer that I already paid for so I'm curious to see what ends up happening. All of mine are in June-August so hopefully things are cleared up a bit by then. If not, I live in the woods so we could always camp in the backyard or on my wife's family property somewhere. Hunting seasons are at least still open. I plan on bagging a Turkey here in a couple of weeks!

Dr J Cumminz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L with Aisin
I would love to even think about camping right now. I still have 6"of snow on top of mine and it's currently snowing right now up here in Alaska. If the campgrounds are not open we just go boondocking. Plenty of places here to do that, so the only thing stopping us is weather and road conditions.

'06 Ram 2500

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In Texas you are required to buy your day passes and pay any fees online. The first arks are open but there are NO Park Services. If you have a camper and toilets you should still be ok. Just check the websites before you go...

sam darakjy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Tradesman Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
6.4 Hemi
New truck camper attached to my Ram 2500 4x4. Wasn't planning on any rv parks or pay for sites. May just hit the road and see where I end up.20190920_174709.jpg

Shugarrckbx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Cancellation for my first trip as well the end of April, got the gmail this morning, I have 3 more camping trips planned, 1 for the end of June for 8 days, 1 for end of Aug for 14 days and 1 in Oct for 8 days, all booked last year, so holding my breath those will pull through.

BadHemi2014

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
We've been planning for years n years to take a year or so off and just travel starting this summer after our kid graduates high school.
We're doing it anyway come hell, high water, plague or pestilence.
Also shopping for a newer Ram dually, this Chevy is great but a bit long in the tooth (2001).
20191124_152016.jpg

Lil' Rob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
First trip this year is an annual trip to a SP campground/reservoir on Memorial Day weekend...a group of us go, haul our boats, tent camp, and fish all weekend. SP campgrounds here are presently closed, so don't know whether this trip will get cancelled yet. Only one other trip planned...in July...with the camper...we'll see what happens.

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
Looks like the camps in this county are closed until the end of May...

CaptOchs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm fortunate enough to have my own property in the hills. Worst case, I just won't be taking it anywhere.

My plan is to go there this weekend and work on the camper. If I have a need to isolate myself, I want it ready to go. My wife is 8 months pregnant, so I don't want to take any chances.

silver surfer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey y'all, good morning.

As I write this, the number of Corona cases in my state are going up by larger numbers every day.

All state parks are closed. I usually dewinterize, clean inside and out wax and prep the tt the middle to end of April. However I wonder if I should even bother this year?

While I'm a glass half full guy, I'm also realistic. Probably not nationwide, but for those of us in the east where things are bad, stay at home orders, etc...do you think 2020 will be the camping season that never was?

I am an optimist, but I'm thinking it's not looking good this year, unless possibly late summer/early fall.

What do y'all think?

Trip for Dover race cancelled. Memorial Day in VA cancelled.
When things do reopen, it will be a mad dash to get reservations!

CaptOchs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
New truck camper attached to my Ram 2500 4x4. Wasn't planning on any rv parks or pay for sites. May just hit the road and see where I end up.View attachment 200667

I don't usually promote long YouTube videos, but this couple documented their trip to Tuktoyaktuk on the Dempster highway. They took a truck camper all the way to northern Canada to the Artic ocean. They went over some rough terrain and boondocked in some pretty remote areas. I'd love to do this some day but I don't think a camper like mine would make it that far. lol.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca