Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 Front Seats Uncomfortable

Discussion in 'Interior' started by kevinspam, Jun 21, 2020.

1. kevinspam

kevinspam Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7L Hemi
    Just picked up a 2020 Ram 1500 Bighorn with the 'bench' front seat. I had a 2017 with the bench front seat and loved it. My 2020 though is really uncomfortable. The sides of the drivers seat dig into my legs on anything longer than a 15 minute ride. Anybody else having similar issues? Anybody know of a way to fix this? Or a cushion I could buy?

Not to get sidetracked on a rant, but in my opinion, the 2020 front 'bench' seat is really 2 bucket seats with a middle seat that is marketed as a bench seat. It's not a bench seat. I bought the bench seat because I have a sciatica issue and I knew the bucket seats would bother me.

Anyway, I love the rest of the truck, and have to live with it, so I'm looking for any solutions people may have.

Thanks

2. MADDOG

MADDOG Cummins Driver Administrator Supporting Member Military

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Cummins 6.7L Turbo Diesel
    I'd talk to a local upholstery shop. They can reduce the rise and swell of those side bolsters to give you a bit more room.

3. kevinspam

kevinspam Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7L Hemi
    Thanks, I'll look into that.

4. mikeru

mikeru Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2020 Laramie
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7L
    I have no issues with my 2020 Laramie bucket seats. In fact, I think they're more comfortable than the bucket seats that were in my 2017 Rebel. But then again I'm not suffering with a sciatica issue. Sorry to hear you're having an issue with it. I hope you're able to remedy the situation. I haven't ever sat in a 5th gen with the bench seat so I can't speak to those. But from what I've read you're right about what they are. Although that appeared to be the case with the 2015 Tradesman with the bench seat I once owned. Seemed to be nothing more than two bucket seats with a jump seat in between.

tidefan1967 likes this.
  5. RBinNC

RBinNC Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    6.4 hemi
    I actually agree, the bolstering on the seat is a bit much or designed too narrow and cramps my legs a little.

6. soapy

soapy Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    hemi 5.7
    I have sciatica also and picked a loaded Laramie with bench seats because they are a bit wider than the buckets seats with center console. I have no problem at all with mine but when I ride in my sons 2019 rebel I find the seats a bit narrow and uncomfortable in comparison.

McBroom likes this.
  7. DRkNESS

DRkNESS Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 HEMI
    I’ve had no problems with it in my Laramie and I’m back and forth from New Jersey to North Carolina constantly. As an example I am 6’2” and weigh 300lbs. In fact most who ride with me love how much more space there appears to be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

McBroom likes this.
  8. KeithP

KeithP Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7 VVT
    My 19 Lonestar seats are not as comfortable as my 17 Lonestar was. The 17 was a Lonestar Silver Edition with the same custom sport seats the new military edition comes with. Those are some great seats! Wish they were an upgrade option in all the Rams.