2020 Front Seats Uncomfortable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kevinspam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Just picked up a 2020 Ram 1500 Bighorn with the 'bench' front seat. I had a 2017 with the bench front seat and loved it. My 2020 though is really uncomfortable. The sides of the drivers seat dig into my legs on anything longer than a 15 minute ride. Anybody else having similar issues? Anybody know of a way to fix this? Or a cushion I could buy?

Not to get sidetracked on a rant, but in my opinion, the 2020 front 'bench' seat is really 2 bucket seats with a middle seat that is marketed as a bench seat. It's not a bench seat. I bought the bench seat because I have a sciatica issue and I knew the bucket seats would bother me.

Anyway, I love the rest of the truck, and have to live with it, so I'm looking for any solutions people may have.

Thanks

OP
OP
K

kevinspam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Thanks, I'll look into that.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I have no issues with my 2020 Laramie bucket seats. In fact, I think they're more comfortable than the bucket seats that were in my 2017 Rebel. But then again I'm not suffering with a sciatica issue. Sorry to hear you're having an issue with it. I hope you're able to remedy the situation. I haven't ever sat in a 5th gen with the bench seat so I can't speak to those. But from what I've read you're right about what they are. Although that appeared to be the case with the 2015 Tradesman with the bench seat I once owned. Seemed to be nothing more than two bucket seats with a jump seat in between.

RBinNC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I actually agree, the bolstering on the seat is a bit much or designed too narrow and cramps my legs a little.

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I have sciatica also and picked a loaded Laramie with bench seats because they are a bit wider than the buckets seats with center console. I have no problem at all with mine but when I ride in my sons 2019 rebel I find the seats a bit narrow and uncomfortable in comparison.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I’ve had no problems with it in my Laramie and I’m back and forth from New Jersey to North Carolina constantly. As an example I am 6’2” and weigh 300lbs. In fact most who ride with me love how much more space there appears to be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KeithP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
My 19 Lonestar seats are not as comfortable as my 17 Lonestar was. The 17 was a Lonestar Silver Edition with the same custom sport seats the new military edition comes with. Those are some great seats! Wish they were an upgrade option in all the Rams.

Capt Derek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO Diesel
I have the same issue on my new 2020 3500, the seats are horribly uncomfortable, I have only had it for a few weeks but am seeking arbitration to take it back, as we can't travel for more than 20-30 minutes with out lower back and legs hurting. Did not have this issue on my 2013. Both have cloth seats. Spend this much on a truck and you would think you could drive it! But from this and other forums, it appears people of more substance than myself or wife find them comfortable, we are both just over 150 pounds and 5'10