2020 Gen 3 ED - Tune/Mods or lack there of

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JuanDiablo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
So like the title says... I have a 2020 Gen3 and I can't find anyone doing a tune, mods, etc... for this thing... engine has some potential but damn if I can find anything. Any recommendations?

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Probably too early for aftermarket support on the current model.

It takes the after market firms a while to develop products & services.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Green Diesel Engineering has the first 50 state street legal tune out for the Gen2 EcoDiesel and they are saying that they will have the same for the Gen3 EcoDiesel out next year.
If your looking to go full/partial delete then start looking towards our Canadian friends from the north, the EPA has pretty much neutered all the diesel tune players state side. As mentioned the platform is a bit on the new side for mods, so it's going to take some time for aftermarket to catch up.

Iceclimber

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I thought GDE was shut down by the EPA.

The easiest and biggest bang is a pedal commander imho. The Gen 3 is improved, not like amazing but it's a tiny engine. Impressive for a 3.0, I am enjoying the towing for sure.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I thought GDE was shut down by the EPA.
The rumors of their demise were greatly exaggerated. As mentioned before they have the first(and I think only) 50 state legal tune for the Gen2 EcoDiesel. People who have had both the original and the EPA/CARB approved tune have said the new tune is just as good the original.
The original Pre-EPA crackdown Hot-Tune is no longer available for anyone in the US.

Iceclimber

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
The rumors of their demise were greatly exaggerated. As mentioned before they have the first(and I think only) 50 state legal tune for the Gen2 EcoDiesel. People who have had both the original and the EPA/CARB approved tune have said the new tune is just as good the original.
The original Pre-EPA crackdown Hot-Tune is no longer available for anyone in the US.

Ah. Well I was set to buy for my 2014 and couldn't order. They told me they were shut down, but seems they are back. I thought their tune was pricey but read mostly good reviews. For me the PC gets the job done for now.

Aharleyguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Well I pulled the trigger and order the new tune, after the dealer lied to and updated my tune with out my permission, lost my hot tune and it drives like ****.
So I will keep posted on the new EPA tune. I too heard good things about it. I have talked to them about it and everything sounds great. I loved the hot tune. So I am going back to them for the new tune.