2020 Power Wagon front parking sensors need wiping all the time.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jabartram

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Is anyone else having issues with front sensors needing wiping all the time?
Issue is they are clean!
Any known issues? c07f4b3fca623ea36b2c1c9736edce6b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
This is my one gripe about the truck.

I will constantly, and randomly get the "front park sense unavailable. Wipe front sensors" message.

No idea why...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

gruntdog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I get this message randomly and they seem clean too.

Scotts26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine does it randomly as well even when they seem clean. I’m not worried about it enough at this point to hassle with a service appointment.

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Yeah...the parking sensors are something that I have a love-hate relationship with. They're useful when they work. I get messages every now and then during spring/summer/fall that they're unavailable.

Up here in the north land, my front ones are about to go out for 3-5 months, and my rears are going to be intermittent. Ice, snow, and salt make keeping them clean impossible.

Honestly, with where some of you guys are, it could literally be dust/fine sand collecting on the sensors. Wiping the face of them isn't always enough, you often have to wipe down between the sensor and the big ring around them to make them work right again. I've found windex, a few paper towels, and some patience can clean them up real nice...until the next time they get dirty.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
knock on wood has not happened to me but I only have 2100 miles on mine. I have heard that the pull on the winch hook can cause issues if just allowed to flap around.

Gamedog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
392 c.i.
Add me to the "it happens randomly" column...

Still haven't figured out if there's anything that triggers it, as it's happened in snow in cold temps, while driving on dirt county roads, driving on dry asphalt roads and even after a wash...

Omar RVA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
This happens to me pretty randomly.

I don’t know if it’s in my head or not but it always seems more frequent after I wash the truck. It doesn’t rain much where I’m at but I’m wondering if water intrusion has something to do with it (into the connectors or behind the sensor).

OA

OP
OP
jabartram

jabartram

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
im going to pull all related connectors this weekend and check sealing.

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
A viable solution?

ydczybdjn8z11.jpg

Consumer Reports recommends getting out of your vehicle approximately every 20 miles in snowstorms to wipe off the sensors. Make certain to use your hazard flashers when stopped in the emergency lane during blizzards with white out conditions.

Consumer Reports...

"Make sure the entire car is snow-free before driving. It's the law in some areas. And, of course, you may have to clear the sensors several times on a trip, especially if you’re driving through a storm. One CR staffer needed to stop five times on a 100-mile trip through a snowstorm to keep his car's sensors clean."

https://www.consumerreports.org/car-safety/how-to-keep-your-car-sensors-clean-in-winter/

Last edited:

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
A viable solution?

View attachment 226564

Consumer Reports recommends getting out of your vehicle approximately every 20 miles in snowstorms to wipe off the sensors. Make certain to use your hazard flashers when stopped in the emergency lane during blizzards with whiteout conditions.

Per Consumer Reports...

"Make sure the entire car is snow-free before driving. It's the law in some areas. And, of course, you may have to clear the sensors several times on a trip, especially if you’re driving through a storm. One CR staffer needed to stop five times on a 100-mile trip through a snowstorm to keep his car's sensors clean."

https://www.consumerreports.org/car-safety/how-to-keep-your-car-sensors-clean-in-winter/

Or...you can just let them be off because they're not a safety feature unless you're parking.

donivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Have not seen this on my truck with 9K miles. Maybe try turning them off then on?

Overlander

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 75th Aniv Build #0006
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Or...you can just let them be off because they're not a safety feature unless you're parking.

Do they also function with the safety package for automated braking/adaptive cruise or is that a different sensor?

OP
OP
jabartram

jabartram

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
My sensors are off now. I hate the chime to warn me they're disabled, but not as much as all the beeping and the chimes to tell me to clean or service them that I frequently got. At least on this truck when you turn them off they stay off. Switched them off almost a year ago and they haven't been back on since. Maybe I'll turn them back on to see if they still work before winter hits and they become useless again.