2020 Power Wagon front parking sensors need wiping all the time.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steveo8x8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500 Megacab
Engine
6.7l Cummins
I put some furniture bumpers over mine to absorb the frequency and have them still remaining on. When I changed my bumper I didn’t want the message or light on the dash to tell me they are always off so the clear bumpers allow me to keep them turned on but they don’t go off at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Oh man. I use it if I need to pull up real close to something since my 2 center sensors senses the Bull bar and remain off.
What set up did you go with. I would love a front camera for offroad

BigLazer4u

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Half of the US Population lives within the US counties highlighted in red.
View attachment 226749
I only park my Power Wagon within the counties highlighted in gray.

Haven't had a need for parking sensors yet.

Hahahaha, I was looking for a map like this so I can only park in those places as well.

BigLazer4u

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
When it rains my sensors don’t work.. been doing that since I drove it off the lot.. when it dries up they work.. I thought this was normal...

Flame Red Rebel

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Rebel
Engine
Hemi Hybrid
water getting in the sensor and makes contacts me thinks.

Maybe sealing one up and see if that clears up that one then do the rest.

Had no issues with ours yet at 26K miles, but rain has been light this year

OP
OP
jabartram

jabartram

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Do they also function with the safety package for automated braking/adaptive cruise or is that a different sensor?
I can't answer that question. I have a '17 that doesn't have that package. I would assume that it is part of a different package since on my truck these sensors don't pick up anything more than 3 feet away...if I were already that close automated braking would be far too late.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
I can't answer that question. I have a '17 that doesn't have that package. I would assume that it is part of a different package since on my truck these sensors don't pick up anything more than 3 feet away...if I were already that close automated braking would be far too late.
Different sensor. That one is in the windshield behind the rear view mirror.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Is anyone else having issues with front sensors needing wiping all the time?
Issue is they are clean!
Any known issues? c07f4b3fca623ea36b2c1c9736edce6b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

This is my one gripe about the truck.

I will constantly, and randomly get the "front park sense unavailable. Wipe front sensors" message.

No idea why...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I get this message randomly and they seem clean too.

Happens to mine with some frequency. I never clean them except when the truck gets washed; the message always goes away and they resume working. I’ve probably seen that message at least 50 times.

Mine does it randomly as well even when they seem clean. I’m not worried about it enough at this point to hassle with a service appointment.

This happens to me pretty randomly.

I don’t know if it’s in my head or not but it always seems more frequent after I wash the truck. It doesn’t rain much where I’m at but I’m wondering if water intrusion has something to do with it (into the connectors or behind the sensor).

OA

My sensors are off now. I hate the chime to warn me they're disabled, but not as much as all the beeping and the chimes to tell me to clean or service them that I frequently got. At least on this truck when you turn them off they stay off. Switched them off almost a year ago and they haven't been back on since. Maybe I'll turn them back on to see if they still work before winter hits and they become useless again.

I put some furniture bumpers over mine to absorb the frequency and have them still remaining on. When I changed my bumper I didn’t want the message or light on the dash to tell me they are always off so the clear bumpers allow me to keep them turned on but they don’t go off at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When it rains my sensors don’t work.. been doing that since I drove it off the lot.. when it dries up they work.. I thought this was normal...

Hello everyone, we certainly understand why this would be concerning. Please let us know if you intend to address this with your dealer so that we can have your services escalated for further support. Our team is available to you via private messages for assistance. Thank you!

Kathryn
RamCares

702PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I have 600 miles on my new 2021 PowerWagon and my truck has been in the shop 3 times for the same error Front ParkSense Unavailable Wipe Sensors. The dealership can't seem to fix it. They have factory reset everything, replaces a module that was showing to have a short and replaced some sensors up front.

Tinman454

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was wondering if really hot days had an effect on them. I had this happen the first and only time on the hottest day of the year in Ottawa. The truck sat all day in the sun and I got in around 4;30 and had the clean park sensor light on. It went off after I parked the truck and got back in after 20 minutes. But it was in the shade when I parked it. So i just thought it was from sitting in the sun all day and getting extremley hot.

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
i get it randomly and i don't think weather has anything to do with it.it's done it wet and dry.it seems to be totally random but it also only seems to go it directly after startup and i start moving,then it goes away and works fine.

LadyBOT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Agree weather has nothingto do with the real problem. I have been having this problem the last couple weeks with my '21 PW. Of course it didn't happen when I took it to the dealership. Taking it back on Tuesday and having them do a full sweep of the sensors & back up camera wiring. It started for me immediately after my rear camera stopped working, but that only lasted one day and magically started working again.
It happens right after putting it in gear, after starting, almost every time. It also happens almost every time I brake hard. It happened once when I had to unexpectedly stop quick so I tried repeating the situation and found it happens 75% of the time when braking hard.
I am hoping the sweep of the wiring will find the issue; if not the dealership will get tired of seeing my grumpy face!

Andrew Austin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Yeah, it have gotten the same message randomly about 20 times since April. I don’t worry about it as it corrects itself shortly after. Oddly, it never happens with the back sensors.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Take some wood alcohol and clean each sensor very well. Now apply a coat of clear wax to each sensor. This will cut down greatly on the messages to clean you sensors but it won't completely eliminate them. From then on clean with soap and water. One bug splat on a single sensor is enough to give you that warning message. Did this on the 2020 Grand Cherokee and it helped a lot.

Once I get 2 of the 6 front sensors on the 2500 reloacated so the winch bumper doesn't interfere with them I will do that to it to.

LadyBOT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Agree weather has nothingto do with the real problem. I have been having this problem the last couple weeks with my '21 PW. Of course it didn't happen when I took it to the dealership. Taking it back on Tuesday and having them do a full sweep of the sensors & back up camera wiring. It started for me immediately after my rear camera stopped working, but that only lasted one day and magically started working again.
It happens right after putting it in gear, after starting, almost every time. It also happens almost every time I brake hard. It happened once when I had to unexpectedly stop quick so I tried repeating the situation and found it happens 75% of the time when braking hard.
I am hoping the sweep of the wiring will find the issue; if not the dealership will get tired of seeing my grumpy face!
Sweep of wiring did not find the issue... replaced front sensors and have yet to have the problem again. Will try to replicate with a hard brake next time I remember to see if the problem returns but fingers crossed the annoyance is gone.