2020 RAM 1500 Bighorn 8.4 - time keeps jumping 1 hour ahead

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Batt4Christ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Not sure what's going on, but the time indicated keeps jumping forward an hour. Sometimes, if I connect my iPhone, the time will go back to correct, sometimes not. I have changed the setting regarding the time synchronized with satellite - and it happens regardless of if that setting is on or not.

1/5 times, even with phone connected, I wind up having to manually set the time... only for it to be wrong again next time I get in...

What in the world is going on?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Is there a place to set that your in the Central Time zone? or an option for Daylight Savings time?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I wasn't sure what options were available to set on the Gen5 truck radios. If you had the Navigation option you could see if it was correctly locating you. It possible it's not reading the GPS data correctly. Does it happen if you manually set the time?

Pine Tree

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I manually set the time, and this happens to me too. I have a 2019 1500 Big Horn Classic. Instead of going an hour ahead for daylight savings time, it went an hour back. So my clock is two hours off. I drove it across the country last spring, and it screwed up some, but not all of the time zone crossings. I checked, and I have the latest firmware installed. I do not have GPS.