2020 Ram 1500 Classic V6 with 3.21 gear | 0-60 Plus 1/4 Mile results

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
I just got a Dragy and it is pretty cool little device. It is a 10Hz GPS based performance meter. Proven to be accurate within .02 of actual drag strip times. Now that my truck is broke in, I decided to see what she can do bone stock while testing out the features on the Dragy. Wasn't expecting anything fast, but was surprised by the throaty exhaust note and the better than expected results. If I pulled some of my gear out and stalled it up a bit, maybe I could pull a low 15 and hit 90mph trap?

Video here
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6V8JTdC-hScjOlUkZgxADkkEIUVDy9aV

View media item 29894

Last edited:

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Awesome video!

My 2017 with that configuration never left me disappointed power wise.

I'd be curious to see how that compares to my new to me 2019 classic w/ hemi..

OP
OP
Back Road Bound
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
Thanks!

I had a 2014 Crew Cab Hemi before this one. The V8 had a little more kick to it, but it doesn't feel that far off.

I was thinking about trying to do a back to back test video, if I can test drive a Hemi off the lot for a few minutes.

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Cool video! Just be careful where you run those triple digit speeds.

The v6 has a lot of guts for a na v6, no doubt about it.

These modern vehicles just run so well. The loaner 2019 jeep grand Cherokee trailhawk with 5.7 hemi was stupid fast for a SUV. Just crazy.

Fatbob Frank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
My wife wanted a GC Trailhawk and I tried like crazy to talk her into the 5.7.
When we test drove the one she bought (with a 3.6) I was really surprised how quick it was!
After that I was glad we didn't spend the extra $$$ on the Hemi.
She's got a lead foot as it is...

OP
OP
Back Road Bound
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
Cool video! Just be careful where you run those triple digit speeds.

The v6 has a lot of guts for a na v6, no doubt about it.

These modern vehicles just run so well. The loaner 2019 jeep grand Cherokee trailhawk with 5.7 hemi was stupid fast for a SUV. Just crazy.
Modern V8 cars making 700+HP from the factory and 300+ V6. Great time to be alive!

I live in the boonies. The only thing I worry about at triple digit speeds is hitting a hog or deer. I hit 3 deer with my 2014 Hemi Truck. Amazingly no damage to the truck, but a direct hit at 100mph would be bad.

Temps are dropping in my neck of the woods. Bout time to pull the kids seats plus my tools and give it another go with a proper launch.

Last edited: