2020 ram 1500 driver rear led tail light out.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Claytschida

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 etorque
I have seen this is a problem for others including a friend of mine who has the same problem. Rear driver led tail light is out. Brakes, turn signals, hazards all work. Running light does not. Truck is out of warranty and I am not finding any information on what to do. I seem to have power going to the pin that supplies that part of the light. Anyone hear about a solution? Or common failure point.

OP
OP
C

Claytschida

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 etorque
Update I was messing with the first large pig tail of wires that leads into the main bundle of wires leading to the front of the truck and got a reaction out of the light. Thought I was making progress, but then the thing quit and I couldn't get anything after that. I think water and dirt got into the connection, so I will have to try and find replacement parts to see if that fixes it. The thing is a ***** to get apart.

EvilSpirit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Welcome to the Dodge Ram Forum.
You might have better luck by posting in the correct section for your truck. This is the 2nd gen section - you should be in the 4th or 5th gen section, depending on body style.

MattHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Update I was messing with the first large pig tail of wires that leads into the main bundle of wires leading to the front of the truck and got a reaction out of the light. Thought I was making progress, but then the thing quit and I couldn't get anything after that. I think water and dirt got into the connection, so I will have to try and find replacement parts to see if that fixes it. The thing is a ***** to get apart.
Have you figured it out? My neighbor recently acquired this 2020 1500 and it is also having the same issue, intermittently. We'll take a look at it this weekend after the installation of the bumper and tis wheels on the Jeep and clear the garage.