2020 Ram 1500 Limited questions...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markabby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Love this truck, but I have a couple of questions...

1. right above the "PRND" indicator on the dash, when i reset the Average Mile per gallon, there appears a line with two or sometimes one arrow, pointing either right or left. I've read the manual and i can't find out what these mean. Anyone?

2. while backing out of the garage, we noticed the side mirrors were a greenish tint with a silver outline. Never saw that before. Anyone?

Still learning all the technology in this truck. The Trailer sense is awsome, along with countless other "toys". Wife drives it more than i do..she loves it. The air ride makes driving this truck better than a car.

When we bought it we had the dealer remove the all black wheels and swap them for wheels with a little polish to them. The all black just didn't look good. Put matt black rain guards on the windows, mud guards, and had the windows tinted. Lots of compliments.

Anyway, if someone can answer my questions, i'd appreciate it

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Love this truck, but I have a couple of questions...

1. right above the "PRND" indicator on the dash, when i reset the Average Mile per gallon, there appears a line with two or sometimes one arrow, pointing either right or left. I've read the manual and i can't find out what these mean. Anyone?

2. while backing out of the garage, we noticed the side mirrors were a greenish tint with a silver outline. Never saw that before. Anyone?

Still learning all the technology in this truck. The Trailer sense is awsome, along with countless other "toys". Wife drives it more than i do..she loves it. The air ride makes driving this truck better than a car.

When we bought it we had the dealer remove the all black wheels and swap them for wheels with a little polish to them. The all black just didn't look good. Put matt black rain guards on the windows, mud guards, and had the windows tinted. Lots of compliments.

Anyway, if someone can answer my questions, i'd appreciate it

That first part with the arrows; I don’t know what that is. Perhaps sharing a picture?

The second part just has to deal with your auto-dimming side view mirrors. As far as why it does that, I have no idea, I just know that every once in a while in the morning mine will do that too and it’s a 2018 model. But the only thing I can think of is because of your automatic headlights, when you’re backing out of your garage, I’m sure your headlights are on so maybe when they’re on the sensor that’s in your rearview mirror is probably picking up some kind of a glare from somewhere outside that’s activating the auto dimming on your mirrors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

markabby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
thanks, that makes sense. i'll get a picture of those arrows up soon.... picture shows one arrow, but sometimes there are two. It happens when i reset the fuel economy AVG.

right above the PRND

dash.jpg

Last edited:

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
thanks, that makes sense. i'll get a picture of those arrows up soon.... picture shows one arrow, but sometimes there are two. It happens when i reset the fuel economy AVG.

right above the PRND

View attachment 245892

If I’m not mistaken, those arrrows are to just remind you that you can cycle up down, left and right through the menus. I’m not sure what the red highlighted dashes are but I’m pretty sure those arrows are just to show you menus and submenus. See mine below;

a2c0458fc6cecacf8366529145624678.jpg
6d0e151e53be706df44acdcba9422b5c.jpg
fd22d7ae4e62592c735f90a276242ec8.jpg
c480386dac11c33810481d3a63b3225a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stewart

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
My 2020 also has the red dashes. I have tried switching between the two and appears to be the same, so I don’t know.

Cactusmonkey

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I believe the arrows are telling you what direction you can toggle. If you toggle to the right then it will show you different info.

OP
OP
M

markabby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ok. i'll play around with it and see what happens. thanks, all

Bourgeois

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I have a 2019 Limited with power side mirrors. Saturday when i was washing it I noticed the driver side mirror is loose. Has anyone else had this issue? if so, how to fix it?