2020 RAM 2020 configured as 2019

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yesso

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I6 HO
Dang!!! After much contemplation I forgave the 2019 3500 and decided to special order the 2020 Longhorn crew cab 4x4 HO diesel with all my options. Dual auxiliary camera wiring, 50 gallon fuel tank, etc. Took delivery about a week ago and am now finding out it has 2019 configuration on it. It has a 32 gallon fuel tank. 50 gallons is standard on 2020 with an 8 ft bed and only one auxiliary camera wiring harness. Went to dealer today and confirmed my fears. Dealer is going to have to check with “Head Office” in next few days to determine what can be done to remedy. I know I am going to have to deal with these issues but deep down I feel like the whole truck is probably a 2019 just name changed to a 2020. Does anyone know what other options that were changed for 2020 that I need to check? The dealer talked me into a considerable higher price to go with a 2020.

Love the truck but not willing to settle for the loss of options.

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
That blows man. I hope they get you fixed up correct. I wouldn't take anything but exactly what was ordered. Please let us know how this works out.

OP
OP
Y

Yesso

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I6 HO
According to dealer even though all information shows these items it to be standard on the 8 ft bed. He is saying everything is an option including the standard 50 gallon fuel tank. Denies it is a 2019 model. No one seems to know how the camera systems work so as of now I am still at ground 0 with no resolution.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
According to dealer even though all information shows these items it to be standard on the 8 ft bed. He is saying everything is an option including the standard 50 gallon fuel tank. Denies it is a 2019 model. No one seems to know how the camera systems work so as of now I am still at ground 0 with no resolution.

Seems pretty simple to me. Truck wasn’t delivered as ordered, you dont have to buy it. Period.
If you cant live without those options, simply dont buy it.

litzdog911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins

Did you look up your Build Sheet to compare with your order paperwork?

Enter your VIN here:
Equipment Listing

scott lass 18

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 ram 1500
Engine
Dang!!! After much contemplation I forgave the 2019 3500 and decided to special order the 2020 Longhorn crew cab 4x4 HO diesel with all my options. Dual auxiliary camera wiring, 50 gallon fuel tank, etc. Took delivery about a week ago and am now finding out it has 2019 configuration on it. It has a 32 gallon fuel tank. 50 gallons is standard on 2020 with an 8 ft bed and only one auxiliary camera wiring harness. Went to dealer today and confirmed my fears. Dealer is going to have to check with “Head Office” in next few days to determine what can be done to remedy. I know I am going to have to deal with these issues but deep down I feel like the whole truck is probably a 2019 just name changed to a 2020. Does anyone know what other options that were changed for 2020 that I need to check? The dealer talked me into a considerable higher price to go with a 2020.

Love the truck but not willing to settle for the loss of options.
tell them to take back get a another on there check if they have what u wanted ok ! i worked a ford years back we were getting ride of all the earlyer year parts on the newer trucks not right I think ! this was in jannery too

Steve Karolek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HO
On my build, the camera wiring and 50 gallon fuel tank were both specifically priced options, not standard.

TWILLIAMS9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wouldn’t accept the truck and make them order the correct one. Get exactly what you want! Your ordering for a reason.

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Wow, never heard of a dealer giving your money back once the deal is done, no matter how angry the customer is. Your only leverage would have been before you signed on the dotted line. I hope they work with you on this. Sounds like a nice rig.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I wouldn’t accept the truck and make them order the correct one. Get exactly what you want! Your ordering for a reason.

He already took delivery of it. And unfortunately he is going to be stuck with it. Once you sign the papers and take delivery it's your. That's why it is important to go over every last little detail of the truck with a fine tooth comb before you drive it off the lot. This is not the first time I have seen this happen on here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500