2020 1500 Rear Sliding Window Cracked

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rwagner2020

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
My power sliding rear window frame on my 2020 1500 is cracked in two places. I took it to the dealer in November and am STILL waiting on a replacement. The new window was supposed to be shipped in December, then January. Now, I am being told March. Meanwhile, condensation accumulates inside my truck so bad I had to pull the floor mats out. The whole truck is getting a musty smell and the dealer (Southpoint Ram/Jeep) in Austin has no updates and never calls me back. They just keep saying they will "call if there's an update." Anyone else having issues getting their rear window replaced? From what I've read, this is an ongoing problem with these trucks. The lack of support from the dealer is making me want to switch brands.

Explorer682

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had the same issue, eventually pulled the rears seats out as they were getting soaked . I’m in Canada, took a couple of months to finally get replaced. I would seriously consider just going to a glass shop and replacing it with an aftermarket one . That would have cost me $ 1200 CAD but might be worth it for you as the moisture is going to cause serious issues that won’t be covered. An aftermarket market replacement was one day away for me though a glass shop and I live on an Island so I’m sure you can get one as well

Explorer682

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Also mine was a power slider with defrost which made it slightly more $$$ , not sure if if defrost option is a thing where you are

kdoublep

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Get some damp rid bags in there and spray everything with Lysol to kill and prevent mold and mildew. This will help until it's fixed. You can also blue tape your window if a storm is coming. Done that too.

Mike1C5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I would pay EXTRA to NOT have a sliding rear window. You can’t put a rear facing camera in the center because of it and it’s just another easy place to break in the trunk. I have purchased many pickups and everyone had it with no option to delete. I haven’t opened a single one of them ever. I just want the dark factory tint with no sliding window. Seems they could save some money by allowing buyers to delete the sliding window.

I am sure there are a lot of people that use theirs but I would bet that most do not ever open that window.

jr27236

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The problem with RAM is that the rear windows are urethane'd in just like your windshields. I would NEVER go with aftermarket glass what so-ever, the fit just isn't right, the build is cheaper. Go to a body shop and cover the rear window area with CRASH WRAP. Put it on nicely and you'll be protected. Thankfully for these trucks the carpet underlayment is foam and not that nasty recycled crap of the older days. Run a dehumidifier in there over night and you should be ok.

OP
OP
R

rwagner2020

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I would pay EXTRA to NOT have a sliding rear window. You can’t put a rear facing camera in the center because of it and it’s just another easy place to break in the trunk. I have purchased many pickups and everyone had it with no option to delete. I haven’t opened a single one of them ever. I just want the dark factory tint with no sliding window. Seems they could save some money by allowing buyers to delete the sliding window.

I am sure there are a lot of people that use theirs but I would bet that most do not ever open that window.
I know what you mean about having options. I do use mine quite a bit. It's great for windows down driving and air flow.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat