2021 1500 Classic "Warlock" quad 3.6L v6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

permaculturemike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Hey all,

Last month I bought out a 2019 Cherokee lease and moved up to a 2021 1500 Classic "Warlock" quad cab 3.6L v6. The timing and current pricing made it pretty tempting and I walked away with about 2k in profit I'm guessing... after the great state of MA gets their well deserved :rolleyes: piece of course. After hours and hours of reading threads and wrapping my mind around all the different accessories and fitment issues I've started purchasing some parts and what not. I figured I would start a thread and post up some pics, parts, findings, and whatever else along the way. So far I'm super happy with the decision and even found myself saying out loud "I love this truck" driving home from work this morning. The only "downside" I've found so far maneuvering/parking around the city and just getting used to the truck dimensions, but hoping that will get better with more practice.

So far I've ordered:
Rough Country HD2 running boards (waiting for some nice weather to install and also need to order some rivnuts as only the front two rocker mounting holes are factory threaded)
Rough Country HD2

Tyger Auto T3 Soft Tri-Fold Tonneau (installed)

AntennaMastsRus - 12 Inch Black Short Antenna (waiting)

Husky Liners Mud Guard Set (waiting)

AirTechnik CF11671 Cabin Air Filter w/Activated Carbon & Crown Cabin Air Filter Door (This wasn't necessary, an air filter and cover were pre-installed from factory)

CLAZZIO VINYL SEAT COVERS (waiting a couple more weeks... ordered from realtruck, shipping date pushed a couple weeks out after waiting a week)

What I'd like to eventually do:
Some type of headlight/bulb upgrade (not happy with the stock halogen bulb/projector setup really)
Tint front windows to match rear
Matte black bug/rock deflector
Door jamb protection (Already scratched to **** on passenger side :bawl:)
Window rain guards
Matte black gas cover
Interior LED upgrade
Head unit upgrade
De-badge
Tailgate assist

That's it for now... bank account needs a rest and have a baby on the way!

PXL_20211226_202729277.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
permaculturemike

permaculturemike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Rocker panel mounting points from front to back. Was hoping to see all of them threaded but oh well.

PXL_20220113_204905585.jpgPXL_20220113_204938773.jpgPXL_20220113_205020285.jpg

Ken Camp

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L Pentastar VVT V6
Nice truck! And a nice list off additions. It's gonna look good. Just got a 2018 with the V6 and I gotta tell you I really like it. Had some initial worries when I 1st bought it but not anymore, it's solid. You'll be pleased with it I'm sure.

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Rocker panel mounting points from front to back. Was hoping to see all of them threaded but oh well.

They're punched for nutserts, hopefully your kit comes with them if not you can get a nutsert crimper pretty cheap and they're great to keep around I use them pretty often (front license plate on plastic car bumper, aux lighting brackets, all sorts of stuff) .

The hex shape of the punch stops the nutsert from spinning. If you drill for nutserts on anything else always use a triangle shaped file to cut a "Q" or lemon shape in the hole you drilled, so when you crimp down your nutsert it gets an interference fit and won't spin later.

OP
OP
permaculturemike

permaculturemike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Nice truck, great choice of color. Same color as my truck.

When it gets warmer, wax that with some good wax and that truck will glow!
Thanks! Same to you, I'm in love with the gray/black. The winter can't pass soon enough.

Nice truck! And a nice list off additions. It's gonna look good. Just got a 2018 with the V6 and I gotta tell you I really like it. Had some initial worries when I 1st bought it but not anymore, it's solid. You'll be pleased with it I'm sure.
Thanks! After driving the Cherokee with the 4 cylinder turbo for 3 years I told myself I was done with undersized engines just due to the winey engine noise alone. Don't get me wrong, it was surprisingly fast for such a heavy vehicle and small engine and was fun to drive but it got old quick just cruising around town. When the salesman told me the only truck they had available was a v6 I cringed but decided to test drive it anyway. I was pleasantly surprised how it felt and sounded! Not to mention the increased gas mileage (avg. 22 at the moment) is a small bonus. The first highway trip was a bit odd with the truck trying to find the right gear but that seems to be getting better with more miles. It fits my needs perfectly.

They're punched for nutserts, hopefully your kit comes with them if not you can get a nutsert crimper pretty cheap and they're great to keep around I use them pretty often (front license plate on plastic car bumper, aux lighting brackets, all sorts of stuff) .

The hex shape of the punch stops the nutsert from spinning. If you drill for nutserts on anything else always use a triangle shaped file to cut a "Q" or lemon shape in the hole you drilled, so when you crimp down your nutsert it gets an interference fit and won't spin later.
Good info, thank you. The running boards did not come with nutserts sadly. They came with hardware that I believe you drop down into that larger hole above the factory holes and looks like it should work out. We'll see... If not, I'll just go ahead and order the nutserts and what not.
Capture.PNG

caulk04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Go to the dealer and get the factory hardware kit. It should be something like $30. Commonly available nutserts are not the correct hex size, I looked.

OP
OP
permaculturemike

permaculturemike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Go to the dealer and get the factory hardware kit. It should be something like $30. Commonly available nutserts are not the correct hex size, I looked.
Good to know, I was going to try a cheap set at o'reilly's I saw elsewhere on these forums.

18harvest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The mopar nut cert kit should be all over ebay if the dealer says backorder or something.and it comes with a bolt and flaring type nut " tool".parts guy recommended an impact but the floor bins are in the way for a couple but I had no trouble with just a wrench and rachet.on my 20 classic tradesman the front had them the middle and back didn't

OP
OP
permaculturemike

permaculturemike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Happy to say I've installed this puppy, a AntennaMastsRus - 12 Inch Black Short Antenna, and gained an immediate noticeable 13 HP. I would like to change out that silver ring if possible, not really sure. It's about the only thing I've been able to do on my own this crazy year. We had our first baby on 2/2/22 at 2:23pm which was unreal! Such a surreal, exciting, frightening, happy experience all packed into one. Sadly, two weeks prior to the birth I had to have unexpected spinal cord surgery due to an "arachnoid cyst" they found around the T2-T3 area which was causing some weird problems. I'm happily feeling a lot better and hope to get off any physical restrictions in about a month or so. Scary stuff! I was able to get the drivers side seat cover on with the help of my father one day which looks awesome. I went with the vinyl option and my pops thought they were leather, quality and fit are top notch. Highly recommend. Also, the bed cover I was able to get on before the surgery which is decent for the price but I will probably upgrade to a hard tri fold in the future. Will get some pics of that stuff at some point.
PXL_20220312_221701850.jpg

OP
OP
permaculturemike

permaculturemike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Took some pictures of the Tyger Auto T3 Soft Tri-Fold today while putting in some fahren led's and a tailgate assist. It was $229 when i bought it and I'm content with it for my needs, but it's going for $299 on Amazon now and at that price I would just go for a hard option if you're on the fence and can save a bit more. When I bought my first firearm my friend told me "buy once, cry once" and it's true. I try and remind myself of that but sometimes my "best bang for buck" thinking wins.
PXL_20220423_222144246.jpgPXL_20220423_222156476.jpg

A couple pictures of the CLAZZIO VINYL SEAT COVERS. I still have to get the rears on but I'm happy with them so far for the price. Looking back I'd probably be happier if I had gone the custom route direct from clazzio for the extra cash and done some colored stitching or something.
PXL_20220423_233634226.jpgPXL_20220423_233645820.jpg

Installed some New Upgraded Fahren Krieges 9005 today which was a pain in the ass. Got the front end all apart to install and they didn't sit in tight enough in the housing like the stock halogens. Luckily I had an old o-ring kit to make it work but it took some finagling with the housing and wasted time but they're super snug and secure. There's definitely dead spots and what not everyone complains about but I like the color temp a lot better than the halogens. Will see how they are when it's dark another time.
PXL_20220423_232248739.jpgPXL_20220423_232236517.jpg

Got the ROUGH COUNTRY HD2 RUNNING BOARDS and Husky Liners Mud Guards installed a couple weeks ago. Loved the look of these running boards and I'm happy with the quality overall, we'll see how they hold up after next winter. What I'm not happy with was the absolute garbage instructions, poor mounting "engineering", and poor information received when contacting RC. I admittedly didn't research enough to know that the kits for the quad cab only comes with four total mounting brackets, definitely my bad there. So when I received the kit I saw that and called just to make sure it was correct and was told to use the middle and front mounting points on the truck. A bit of time passed from when I called and went to install due to the whole surgery thing. The instructions do not tell you where to install the brackets and it just seemed odd to me that it would be the front and middle. I went ahead and started installing and had one side in place and had that "seems weird" feeling so I called RC again to confirm. This time I was told the brackets are mounted to the front and rear points on the truck... So i changed everything around and went with that as it just made more sense. Problem with that is the rear mounting points are further back than where the cab ends and doesn't leave any sliding play in the boards to move up to match the cab. My fault for not measuring and confirming everything beforehand but I was chilly and I was running out of time so I just went with it. Not super happy with the placement in relation to the cab but I do feel more comfortable stability wise if a big fella decided to jump on the very end of the board. Maybe I'm just being **** here but the price for the quad cab and crew cab are the same even though the quad cab has two less brackets.

I like the husky mud guards, they were easy to install and seem like good quality for the price. Only did the 2 mounting points for now.
PXL_20220423_222125155.jpgPXL_20220423_222106409.jpgPXL_20220423_222205583.jpgPXL_20220423_222221508.jpg

OP
OP
permaculturemike

permaculturemike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Put these 3 pcs/Set Gas Brake Pedal Cover on recently that I came across in the mods under $100 thread. They're alright for the $15 but the e brake cover seems a little wonky due to the way the cover is secured to the pedal face, the face has two sharp points on the bottom edge that could pierce through the rubber of the cover.
PXL_20220430_223042544.jpg

Ordered SEALIGHT 194 LED Bulbs 6000K White to change out the license plate bulbs and hoping they're not too bright and cause glare in the reverse camera, will try and test them out soon.

Wulf

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I saw on your prospective to-do list that you want to tint the front windows to match the rears, presumably the ones on the doors. Be careful with this, and check with your local (town/city/state) on what is allowed before you do any of that. Hopefully can save you some potential headaches with the local law enforcement people.

As far as your running board mounting point dilema, I ended up going with Iron Cross Side Arm steps, and while I am not going to go outside and look this instant, if I remember correctly, my steps have 3 attachment points to the truck, and I also have a quad cab. I guess it depends on what the step maker decides works for their setup as to how many mounting points they think they need.

OP
OP
permaculturemike

permaculturemike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Put the sealight LED's in for the license plate and I'm happy with the light output/color. They're not bright enough to cause any glare in the reverse cam and look nice at night.
PXL_20220520_015151237~2.jpg

Ordered up some VViViD+ Matte Metallic Black Vinyl Wrap along with some of their non-metallic matte black wrap to do the fuel door. Not sure which will match the truck better but will post some pics once delivered.

Got the 2021 RAM Ram 1500 Classic Side Window Deflectors in from weathertech I'd like to put on soon when I find some time. I really wanted matte black but had a weathertech gift card that covered most the cost. It was either that or their hood deflector but I'm eying the avs aeroskin lightshield.

Last edited:
OP
OP
permaculturemike

permaculturemike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
I saw on your prospective to-do list that you want to tint the front windows to match the rears, presumably the ones on the doors. Be careful with this, and check with your local (town/city/state) on what is allowed before you do any of that. Hopefully can save you some potential headaches with the local law enforcement people.

As far as your running board mounting point dilema, I ended up going with Iron Cross Side Arm steps, and while I am not going to go outside and look this instant, if I remember correctly, my steps have 3 attachment points to the truck, and I also have a quad cab. I guess it depends on what the step maker decides works for their setup as to how many mounting points they think they need.

I'll definitely just stick to the legal limit here in Mass which is 20% I believe. I don't know why I keep putting it off though, did a little road trip this past weekend and wished it was on there as my left arm was being baked in the sun.

I'm ok with the steps for now, I don't think it's super noticeable unless you really stare at it. For the price I think they could do a bit better with the mounting design.

Wulf

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'll definitely just stick to the legal limit here in Mass which is 20% I believe. I don't know why I keep putting it off though, did a little road trip this past weekend and wished it was on there as my left arm was being baked in the sun.

I'm ok with the steps for now, I don't think it's super noticeable unless you really stare at it. For the price I think they could do a bit better with the mounting design.
When I am driving in the afternoons, which I have to do every day because of work, the sun is always on the driver side of my truck(s) (I have 2), and I usually end up, by the time summer rolls around, a more tanned left arm than right because of it.

With the steps, contact the manufacturer if you aren't sure. If the manufacturer calls for more mounting points, and these are new steps, find out what their recommendations are. If you should take it back to that install location and have them put the proper items in. Be nice about it for sure, but if they did it wrong or incomplete, stand up for getting the work done that you should have.

Diegozz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey I got the same exact truck (almost) sport hood and different wheels. Thus far this is what it looks like now. A before and after. I also put a rear spoiler.

Attachments

• 993E08C7-A2C9-45BD-9DA2-92DA4D4238EC.jpeg
    993E08C7-A2C9-45BD-9DA2-92DA4D4238EC.jpeg
    169.9 KB · Views: 6
  • B7585712-BDFE-4043-A95E-E5B87F9A8347.jpeg
    B7585712-BDFE-4043-A95E-E5B87F9A8347.jpeg
    148.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 669C3F1C-C19E-4808-9E3B-F8FA4FC763C7.jpeg
    669C3F1C-C19E-4808-9E3B-F8FA4FC763C7.jpeg
    143.7 KB · Views: 6

Diegozz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey I got the same exact truck (almost) sport hood and different wheels. Thus far this is what it looks like now. A before and after. I also put a rear spoiler.
I also installed a AVS shield With amber lights.

Attachments

• F390CDC4-F159-4BF6-A1A4-CAFFD54DA59D.jpeg
    F390CDC4-F159-4BF6-A1A4-CAFFD54DA59D.jpeg
    258.4 KB · Views: 7