2021 limited 1500 under carriage part

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bravo619

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 gas
There’s a rubber air dam is what it looks like under the front right behind the hard air dam that you see when looking at the front. It’s directly behind it and has actuators on both sides like it’s made to move up and down? Anyone know what this is? Curiosity is killing me. Thanks for your help! image.jpg

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^^^^^^^^^^^ DITTO ^^^^^^ Certain speeds, engages to direct airflow. I cannot post my actual thought on it tho, lol

British Bulldog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorque
NOW I know what an active air ram is. I didn’t have one on my build but I got ‘active air dam delete’ -$85 on my build sheet. I assume cos air suspension? Bravo619, do you have air? I really wanna know if I am correct here!
thanks

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
NOW I know what an active air ram is. I didn’t have one on my build but I got ‘active air dam delete’ -$85 on my build sheet. I assume cos air suspension? Bravo619, do you have air? I really wanna know if I am correct here!
thanks

Yep that's what it is. In terms of the active air dam delete, it has nothing to do with air ride. It was simply a parts shortage thing, my longhorn I ordered 3.6.21 also had the air dam delete as did thousands of trucks of various trims for a month or two. I believe they just started recently showing back up in builds maybe in the last few weeks.

OP
OP
Bravo619

Bravo619

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 gas
Yeah got air suspension actually it’s probably going to take me a year to figure out everything that is on this and how to work it lol. My god it’s got a lot of trinkets lol

Sandevino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
I’ve got two sets of active air vents and an active air dam. The first two open to let air flow through the radiator / condenser and intercooler. The second directs air over or under depending on speed. If I get out in time after shutting it down I hear them closing. It was a lot of whirring but now sounds normal.