2021 Ram 1500 Alpine 9 speaker upgrade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brocker1234567

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Etorque
I have a 2021 crew cab w an Alpine 9 speaker system and the 12” display.
I’ve read posts here on replacing the front corner speakers w the infinity speakers as well as just the back door speakers w infinity’s. Crutchfield states there will be a volume loss doing this. Has anyone tried this on the system I’m referencing?? Is the loss substantial?? At this time I’m notttt looking at installing Amps I’m to dang old!!! I just want clearer music!!!
Any advice one upgrading this system would be greatly appreciated!!!!
Will ANC be a factor or problem ??
TIA for your input!!
Greg

864ETHERam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi Etorque
The volume loss is because the speakers are rated for a higher resistance, so it takes more power to make the same amount of volume. At least on paper that should be the case. Everything I've read has said that it's not a problem in actual use though and it's a big difference over the stock "Alpine" speakers.

Someone please feel free to chime in if I'm wrong though. I'm looking to do the same and I'm still learning.

woojyee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Factory Alpine speakers are 2-ohms while those Infinity are 4-ohm. So, the amp will output will be about 1/2 the power with a 4-ohm load. As a result, your overall system volume will be lower but will sound better. For example, let's say the factory dash speakers get 30w rms @2ohms from the factory amp, @4ohms, that amp will put out 15 to 18w rms.

tlnrj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i have upgraded my 2020 1500 limited crew cab alpine 12" infotainment stereo... dash and doors with infinity references, plenty of volume still with the stock amplifier...i disconnected the subwoofer..was too boomy for me..easy...just unplug it..you will be happy...easy to do also...youtube videos will show you how...good luck

Last edited:

HOOTOWL37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
i have upgraded my 2020 1500 limited crew cab alpine 12" infotainment stereo... dash and doors with infinity references, plenty of volume still with the stock amplifier...i disconnected the subwoofer..was too boomy for me..easy...just unplug it..you will be happy...easy to do also...youtube videos will show you how...good luck
Do the other speakers get full range audio? without sub does it have any bass?

woojyee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Do the other speakers get full range audio? without sub does it have any bass?
That's interesting, I felt the boomy bass was coming from the door 6x9s, the sub and enclosure are so small they seemed useless