2021 Ram 1500 Classic Regular Cab 2WD 5.7 Colorshift paint build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fediej

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Truck is gorgeous! The amount of work and attention to detail you put in is amazing. You truly made it your own. Well done!

British Bulldog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorque
I have been following this with awe! She’s finished completely now, right.

What I want to know is how you will describe this colour when you go to DMV. BURPLE ????? You called it. Bet they don’t have THAT on computer.
I had issues with my 17 Black Forest Green 1500. They registered it as…….Black. So, black it was apparently. Never was an issue though. ( but that was MN after all lol)

OP
OP
Froddoyo

Froddoyo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have been following this with awe! She’s finished completely now, right.

What I want to know is how you will describe this colour when you go to DMV. BURPLE ????? You called it. Bet they don’t have THAT on computer.
I had issues with my 17 Black Forest Green 1500. They registered it as…….Black. So, black it was apparently. Never was an issue though. ( but that was MN after all lol)
almost, I still want to lower it and change up the wheels. just savin money right now.

So I did go get the color changed on it. they had no idea what to put either so we just decided on purple. majority of the time purple is showing.

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
......What I want to know is how you will describe this colour when you go to DMV. BURPLE ????? You called it. Bet they don’t have THAT on computer.
Burple.......Cool name!

natehate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
few questions
1. did you not paint that square on the back of the cab for any specific reason?
2. plans for the bed caps?
3. how did you separate the two halves of the emblem?
4. how did you get them back together?

side note, your bumper was definitely repainted at the factory, the double sticker is a dead give away.
i work in a plastic shop for an auto manufacturer, used to be on bumper line and we recoated bumpers all the time. but we always went same color.
but going to a darker color makes sense too.

OP
OP
Froddoyo

Froddoyo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
few questions
1. did you not paint that square on the back of the cab for any specific reason?
2. plans for the bed caps?
3. how did you separate the two halves of the emblem?
4. how did you get them back together?

side note, your bumper was definitely repainted at the factory, the double sticker is a dead give away.
i work in a plastic shop for an auto manufacturer, used to be on bumper line and we recoated bumpers all the time. but we always went same color.
but going to a darker color makes sense too.
1. Saved time and materials. No matter how hard you look you can't see it. If it was white or red or any bright color I 100% would've sprayed it. Another benefit of buying a black truck and spraying it.

2. Bed caps are on :) just factory textured. Had to get new ones cause these ones are a one time use part. No kind of skill or method could take them off without busting them. They were like 160 CAD a piece from mopar at our shops discounted price.

3. So from factory the chrome part has a pin that goes through the black part and they melt the pin, just grinded those locations with a grinder.

4. to put it back together I used SMALL dabs of windshield erathane (however you spell it)

natehate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
cool
thanks
this threads been inspiring me to want to body match some of my parts