2021 Ram forward collision-avoidance assist not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schu2021

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I recently purchased a 2021 Ram Laramie with forward collision-avoidance assist, I have never had it activate when coming up behind another vehicle. I have tested it in different settings and doesn't seem to matter, it will not give a warning or activate the braking. I see other people on this forum have complained about this as well, and have taken it to the dealership and have gotten no repair. I stopped into the dealer and set up an appointment for later this month but I am not real confident that they will repair based on other owners testimonials. I felt like they knew about the issue but were not telling me the whole story. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

SniperDroid

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Try this, Get a cardboard box from a washing machine or a refrigerator and put it in the middle of a parking lot. Get a running start from about 50 yards away, at about 20 miles an hour. See if it fires off then.

Fnord

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 3.92 4x4
Hey, I had the same thing with my truck, and after calibrating the FCW sensor I understood how it works. The full story is here:https://www.ramforum.com/threads/co...or-all-2023-ram-1500-classic-with-fcw.206717/

FSFCW+ only activates when the sensor reads the difference of speed between you is higher than a value (that I don't know exactly), but if you are approaching maybe 10 or 20km/h more the vehicle in front it will not activate.
But, if the vehicle in the front brakes to turn right on a driveway, and you're behind driving at 40km/h, it will, but only when is very close (even with the setting on dashboard set to Far), maybe 15 meters away or less.
So it works, under these dangerous situations.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357