Full-speed Forward Collision Warning Plus not working?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fnord

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 3.92 4x4
Hi everyone,

Recently I got a 2023 RAM 1500 Classic Warlock and it came with a feature called FULL-SPEED FORWARD COLLISION WARNING PLUS. The truck has a camera and it is suppose to monitor the road, alert and even apply the brakes to avoid a front collision.

The thing is this feature doesn't appears to work. In the last four months I can tell I got an audio/dashboard alert only twice, when cars in front of me hit the brakes (normal brake) to turn right into a driving lane. Comparing to a SUV that I had, on the same traffic circumstances, I received way more alerts and it makes me think this forward collision warning is not working as supposed.

I made a few tests in a safe location, with a friend driving in front of me, around 50 km/h , hit the brakes and I on purpose left to brake the truck in the last moments, and the FSFC did nothing. To clarify my foot was not on the pedal brake before I started the braking.

So, someone knows if this is normal?

hoejef

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just purchased a 2021 and was wondering the same thing I jumped up on somebody's tail on 95 I didn't even get a little warning. I did take it to the steelership and they to the code scan but didn't find anything. Did you ever get any further on this thanks Jeff

Vinnylaz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi everyone,

Recently I got a 2023 RAM 1500 Classic Warlock and it came with a feature called FULL-SPEED FORWARD COLLISION WARNING PLUS. The truck has a camera and it is suppose to monitor the road, alert and even apply the brakes to avoid a front collision.

The thing is this feature doesn't appears to work. In the last four months I can tell I got an audio/dashboard alert only twice, when cars in front of me hit the brakes (normal brake) to turn right into a driving lane. Comparing to a SUV that I had, on the same traffic circumstances, I received way more alerts and it makes me think this forward collision warning is not working as supposed.

I made a few tests in a safe location, with a friend driving in front of me, around 50 km/h , hit the brakes and I on purpose left to brake the truck in the last moments, and the FSFC did nothing. To clarify my foot was not on the pedal brake before I started the braking.

So, someone knows if this is normal?

Vinnylaz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
In having the same issue with my 2023 Ram limited longhorn dealer telling me nothing is wrong and they can’t fix it I had 3 other Ram trucks and I know that it’s not working properly hardly ever flash’s on the dash board any information would be appreciated thanks

OP
OP
Fnord

Fnord

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 3.92 4x4
In having the same issue with my 2023 Ram limited longhorn dealer telling me nothing is wrong and they can’t fix it I had 3 other Ram trucks and I know that it’s not working properly hardly ever flash’s on the dash board any information would be appreciated thanks
One thing I noticed is this FCW reacts only when the the difference of speed between you and the front vehicle is high enough, so testing is dangerous. Mostly it triggers when the vehicle in front of me brakes to turn right on a driveway.

OP
OP
Fnord

Fnord

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 3.92 4x4
So, if you approaching the vehicle in front under certain speed difference and you do not brake, the system will not activate and the collision will happen. To avoid this, I think only the gen 5 with front park sensors and Adaptive Cruise Control can do that.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
These issues wouldn't be a problem if people would stop letting the vehicle do the decision making. There's an old pilot's saying, "Just fly the plane.", meaning it's your truck and you're in charge of controlling it - not some set of unreliable sensors.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357