2021 Uconnect 8.4 Defaults to SXM on startup - Frustrating, any fix?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gopherboy6956

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi
So I've had my 2021 Ram 1500 Big Horn ('21 Mopar, 96/250) for about a week now. I typically use bluetooth from my phone to play music. On my 2016 Ram 1500 with the 8.4 - when you started the truck it would stay on the bluetooth input and start playing once the phone was conneted. Perfect.

On the new truck, it takes the phone 30 seconds or so to connect, and by not seeing anything via bluetooth, it automaitlcally switches to SXM. I then have to manually go back and switch back to the bluetooth input.

Is there any way to make bluetooth the default so I don't have to manually change it everytime?

Frustrating AF

Thanks!

Macclad

Reaction score
Ram Year
So I have the same issue...old truck was great with bluetooth takeover between phone and truck...new truck sucks a$$, old truck was seamless....especially when it automatically switches to radio by default.
I have a friend who works for FCA who has same issue, he did some digging....turns out Apple increased the licensing fee FCA pays for using Apple Carplay. Lower and midrange vehicles FCA refuses to pay increase (high end vehicles are paid) so Apple deliberately programs integration software that doesn't work so good, just enough to have customers complaining. I was told it is pointless taking vehicle to dealership.
Complete BS in my opinion. Very frustrating and disgraceful on FCA part....I'd pay ****** extra, it's probably only a couple of bucks a vehicle

Razorbackfan

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
**** my ‘21 defaults to the phone and I want Sirius. I guess we need to just trade trucks lol
I have been trying to figure out how to get it to lock to the last thing playing.