2022 ram 2500 power wagon transmission issues and rear end noises

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flyinbrian171

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I have a 2022 ram 2500 with 7200 miles on it and it's having shifting issues and noise coming from the rear end is anyone having these kinda problems with the Dana 60, 4.10 rear ends or the new 8 speed 8hp75 trans

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
wow wait what you have a dana 60? actually they are not Dana's they are AAM. I have heard of a few who have had issues with the tracrite lsd. someone on the fb power wagon page has his new 2022 being replaced. PW are rare in they have both lockers and lsd in the back.

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
Not much detail given to assess. Transmission is not new. There are a few reports of low speed groans from a Tracrite GTL in low speed turns. My 2018 did that sometimes. The 22 does not.

The GTL is only in Power Wagons, you don’t say if that’s what you have.

You posted this under “other vehicles”? Probably get better response if you ask a moderator to move it to either the 5th gen or Power Wagon section whichever is appropriate.

Last edited:

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not much detail given to assess. Transmission is not new. There are a few reports of low speed groans from a Tracrite GTL in low speed turns. My 2018 did that sometimes. The 22 does not.

The GTL is only in Power Wagons, you don’t say if that’s what you have.

You posted this under “other vehicles”? Probably get better response if you ask a moderator to move it to either the 5th gen or Power Wagon section whichever is appropriate.
his avatar shows a power wagon and his title says power wagon.

MutauRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
I have a 2022 ram 2500 with 7200 miles on it and it's having shifting issues and noise coming from the rear end is anyone having these kinda problems with the Dana 60, 4.10 rear ends or the new 8 speed 8hp75 trans
I have a 2022 Power Wagon 38,000 miles and the transmission makes a hard downshift when pullin up to a stop. It is not normal and I've taken it in two times. First time they replaced the drive shaft and that did nothing. I know a mechanic at Ram who has confirmed this new Transmission in the 2022 is a problem.