2022 RAM CLASSIC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave2018

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018,Previous 1998
Engine
3.6L,Previous 5.9L
Looks promising!

This is by far the longest lived RAM/Dodge pickup ever produced. Amazing run!

"For those looking to get into a budget-friendly truck, the Ram Classic has also been confirmed to live on through the 2022 model year. It might be an aging machine, but customers aren’t quite ready to let it go yet it seems."

Hope to see it on the ramtruck website soon too!

Last edited:

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Ram is going to put an N95 bio filter for 2022 , CAF ?
I wonder if it will filter out SMOG particles ?

Stellantis has also confirmed that the 2022 Ram 1500 will now come as standard with a new air filtration system. This upgraded cabin air system will now feature N95 bio filters, which is clearly a massive improvement

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
That was back in March
The computer chip situation has not changed much

They have to start building the Rams for the Auto Shows & for the magazines reporters , none of them will have VIN #s

The first of the new years (2022) Rams have historically started showing up towards the end of September of each year

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I believe the classic body style is best looking truck body style Dodge ever produced. It is just awesome looking.
When I see a classic body style on the road, it is a Ram, no doubt about it.
When I see the newer ram body style on the, I say to myself, “is it a Chevy, Ram or one of those new Japanese trucks that looks similar? I need to get closer so I can read the name on it.”
The classic body style is just that….a classic, and will be for many many years to come.
Twenty years from now, it will be most sought after truck body style, similar to the 53-56 Ford F100.

DA67Goatman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Unfortunately the ecodiesel is no longer an option on the classic, so I was unable to order one

johnts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I believe the classic body style is best looking truck body style Dodge ever produced. It is just awesome looking.
When I see a classic body style on the road, it is a Ram, no doubt about it.
When I see the newer ram body style on the, I say to myself, “is it a Chevy, Ram or one of those new Japanese trucks that looks similar? I need to get closer so I can read the name on it.”
The classic body style is just that….a classic, and will be for many many years to come.
Twenty years from now, it will be most sought after truck body style, similar to the 53-56 Ford F100.
I have been saying pretty much the same thing for the last 3+ years. The new body style has not grown on me at all. The front end needs a total restyle.
My ideal truck would be the Classic exterior with the new interior, similar to what they did with the HD trucks, except forget the brow styled grill. Somebody at Ram is obsessed with the brow styling. I guess they think it is the new crosshair.

XCELLR8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Its been a month since the last post and I'm looking for anybody who can get information on ordering 2022 Classic. I have reached out to 3 dealers and none have gotten back with me. I'm looking for what the colors are going to be offered, and any major option changes. I'm looking to order a Reg cab short bed, if the chip shortage does not mess things up.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Its been a month since the last post and I'm looking for anybody who can get information on ordering 2022 Classic. I have reached out to 3 dealers and none have gotten back with me. I'm looking for what the colors are going to be offered, and any major option changes. I'm looking to order a Reg cab short bed, if the chip shortage does not mess things up.
No dealers near me will let me order one either. I am also looking for a reg cab short bed. One dealer near me said Oct-Nov for ordering but I have my doubts right now.

XCELLR8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No dealers near me will let me order one either. I am also looking for a reg cab short bed. One dealer near me said Oct-Nov for ordering but I have my doubts right now.

Doing a Google search, it shows the order window opened on 9/9/21. One of my dealers even has an ad stating if they don't have the truck they want then they will order it. I have this sinking feeling that the chip shortage is going to be the thorn in my truck wants.

sjhdu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
From the specs published above, there's a new orange-red color called "harvest sunrise". I hope it looks somewhat like the "Sinamon Stick" on Dodge or the old "Copperhead orange", but it doesn't say it's pearlcoat. Walnut brown is no longer available.

XCELLR8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well this is the reply from Ram on my email inquire.

I appreciate the time and effort taken to contact the Ram Information Center.

Kent, we are happy to hear of your interest in the 2022 Ram 1500 Classic! We haven't announced the feature availability for the vehicle yet, ordering is open, so your local Ram dealer can inform you what colors are available.

This reply makes me scratch my head a little. Looks like I'll have to find a dealer willing to talk to me about the 2022s. So far I'm 0-3.