2023 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel New Tires and Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CaptainMax

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel 3.0L
Hey Everyone,

I ordered a 2023 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab Short Bed in October and have been starting to make a list of possible upgrades since the order.

Right now, I am looking at what the best tire and wheel combination would be. I ordered with the Night edition package, so the 22-Inch x 9.0-Inch wheels with the 285/45R22XL tires come stock. I have been looking at some pictures, and the 285s just don't seem to be enough tire for the 22-Inch wheels.

I understand the 2023s have not come out yet, but if anyone has experience with 2021, 2022, etc.

Couple Questions:

1. With stock leveling, can I equip the truck with 18-Inch wheels, or will they not clean the brakes/calipers?
1a. If 18-Inch works, what is the right tire size to go along without any modifications or rubbing?

2. With stock leveling, and if 18-Inch wheels will not fit, will 20-Inch wheels work?
2a. If 20-Inch works, what is the right tire size to go along without any modifications or rubbing?

3. With the 2.5-Inch level kit, can 18-Inch wheels work?
3a. If 18-Inch works, what is the right tire size to go along without any modifications or rubbing?

4. With the 2.5-Inch level kit, can 20-Inch wheels work?
4a. If 20-Inch works, what is the right tire size to go along without any modifications or rubbing?

I appreciate all your help!

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Stock 18's will fit for sure. Lots of people go with Rebel wheels, which is what I did on my Limited. As far as aftermarket wheels go, from what I've read, most will fit. But some will not clear the calipers. I don't have a list of which aftermarket wheels do and do not work. Seems like someone posted a list a couple years ago, but I don't remember if it was here or on another forum website. I'd recommend Rebel wheels, but I'm partial to them. Especially the blackout version. If you find a set of aftermarket 18's you'll want to research whether they'll clear the calipers on a 5th gen.