2023 Ram from factory auto parking while driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kickboxer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi-non-Etorque
This is a big safety issue, very big. Lemon law........have them give you
a new truck, and you give them yours.
Good luck, and keep us posted.

Edit to add: Contact your states Attorney General's office of consumer affairs.
They may help you.

Last edited:

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
File a Complaint with the NHTSA, they investigate & if there are enough complaints, they tell RAM to fix the issue

NHTSA needs complaints to work on Safety Issues

OP
OP
S

SophiaG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
This is a big safety issue, very big. Lemon law........have them give you
a new truck, and you give them yours.
Good luck, and keep us posted.

Edit to add: Contact your states Attorney General's office of consumer affairs.
They may help you.
Writing up a certified letter tomorrow. Going to bring it to the dealership. They tried to sell me a 2019 for the price of our truck after driving off the lot. So instead of 46, they want to give less then 40 which would put us upside down...I don't think so. I did find a lawsuit based in TN. Chrysler knows that the etorque from 2018 on is faulty and hasn't done a recall. Some even catch fire. Well 2023 etorque is bad too.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Writing up a certified letter tomorrow. Going to bring it to the dealership. They tried to sell me a 2019 for the price of our truck after driving off the lot. So instead of 46, they want to give less then 40 which would put us upside down...I don't think so. I did find a lawsuit based in TN. Chrysler knows that the etorque from 2018 on is faulty and hasn't done a recall. Some even catch fire. Well 2023 etorque is bad too.

You may get better traction at the dealership using @RamCares as a liaison but that's your choice.

@RamCares has been quite instrumental in expediting a satisfactory solution for many others, so why not let them make the effort first?

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
Seems to me that there’s 5 instances and it’s been escalated to Star, they are taking it seriously and are ready to do what it takes. Which IMO is installing a data recorder to record what’s happening on the bus at all times until it happens.

Without knowing what sensor(s) trigger the event, it’s impossible to fix. If the truck thinks you’re opening the door for example, I would not expect to see a code.

Now I’ll admit, I’m skeptical of new users who arrive lawyering up. It’s not a good look. Generally speaking, car dealerships and Stellantis can afford more court time than most owners. Cooperation is usually a better tactic.

I would like to see pictures of the 5 repair tickets, just to validate the story. Please redact your personal info if you do share them.

If you do run through the lemon law process, it’s pretty cut and dried. You pay a certain amount per mile for the use you have put on the vehicle, and they give your purchase price back. That’s got nothing to do with trading for an older truck; purchasing a replacement is a different transaction.

Last edited:

Kickboxer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi-non-Etorque
Seems to me that there’s 5 instances and it’s been escalated to Star, they are taking it seriously and are ready to do what it takes. Which IMO is installing a data recorder to record what’s happening on the bus at all times until it happens.

Without knowing what sensor(s) trigger the event, it’s impossible to fix. If the truck thinks you’re opening the door for example, I would not expect to see a code.

Now I’ll admit, I’m skeptical of new users who arrive lawyering up. It’s not a good look. Generally speaking, car dealerships and Stellantis can afford more court time than most owners. Cooperation is usually a better tactic.

I would like to see pictures of the 5 repair tickets, just to validate the story. Please redact your personal info if you do share them.

If you do run through the lemon law process, it’s pretty cut and dried. You pay a certain amount per mile for the use you have put on the vehicle, and they give your purchase price back. That’s got nothing to do with trading for an older truck; purchasing a replacement is a different transaction.
Who proclaimed you King. Demanding someone produce receipts is over the
top.

What is bad is a vehicle suddenly going into park, very dangerous............

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
Who proclaimed you King. Demanding someone produce receipts is over the
top.

What is bad is a vehicle suddenly going into park, very dangerous............
If you can show me anywhere in my post I demanded anything, I won’t banish you from the kingdom.

I will not clutter up the thread with any further responses to your delicate sensibilities.