2023 Uconnect 5 Non-Nav New Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bmatth1220

Reaction score
Ram Year
Hi guys,

First post here. I tried searching but these questions are very specific. I had a 2022 1500 Bighorn with the V6, but was never quite happy with the engine and traded it in for a 2023 1500 Bighorn hemi earlier today. Both trucks have the same bighorn level 2 equipment group, the only difference being the new truck is the Uconnect 5 8.4" screen WITHOUT navigation.

I am having trouble with setting the theme, as every time I select theme 1, it resets to theme 2 with the blocky letters whenever the truck is restarted, even though it shows up as theme 1 still being active.

Also there is no Alexa app/icon available in the app menu. This isn't a big deal as I rarely used it in the old truck, but from my understanding it should also be available on the Uconnect 5 8.4" without navigation, just as it was on the Uconnect 8.4" with navigation.

Lastly (and most annoyingly), the date and time has to be manually set without an option for sync to GPS. I understand it does not have navigation, but shouldn’t the date and time be connected to the built in GPS for emergency services? It seems like there is a vast and inferior difference between a non-navigation and a navigation Uconnect 5 8.4” screen and it’s a real bummer. Does anyone know if I’m just missing an update or should go for service thinking it’s a dud?

Thank you!

jrezek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
It is driving me crazy trying to get my phone to connect to Bluetooth. USB cable and Bluetooth don't connect the phone. On a rare occasion it will connect but 90% of the time it doesn't work. Removed the phone from UConnect and tried reinstalling it but no good. Anyone have an answer what will fix this?

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Both of the issues you are describing are something I have never seen routinely. I have had u-connect 4, and now 5. My phones have intermittently disappeared. Just re-paired them and good to go. I will admit I have never changed any themes, didnt even know that was possible.

woojyee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Hi guys,

First post here. I tried searching but these questions are very specific. I had a 2022 1500 Bighorn with the V6, but was never quite happy with the engine and traded it in for a 2023 1500 Bighorn hemi earlier today. Both trucks have the same bighorn level 2 equipment group, the only difference being the new truck is the Uconnect 5 8.4" screen WITHOUT navigation.

I am having trouble with setting the theme, as every time I select theme 1, it resets to theme 2 with the blocky letters whenever the truck is restarted, even though it shows up as theme 1 still being active.

Also there is no Alexa app/icon available in the app menu. This isn't a big deal as I rarely used it in the old truck, but from my understanding it should also be available on the Uconnect 5 8.4" without navigation, just as it was on the Uconnect 8.4" with navigation.

Lastly (and most annoyingly), the date and time has to be manually set without an option for sync to GPS. I understand it does not have navigation, but shouldn’t the date and time be connected to the built in GPS for emergency services? It seems like there is a vast and inferior difference between a non-navigation and a navigation Uconnect 5 8.4” screen and it’s a real bummer. Does anyone know if I’m just missing an update or should go for service thinking it’s a dud?

Thank you!
I've never had an Alexa button on either of my trucks. Android Auto handles it all. You might want to check AA or car play on the phones to see if the apps can be added. I've added and removed apps I wanted there.

smittyd174

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Never looked for Alexa , but the other issues don't surprise me . My 22 no nav does what ever it wants when it feels like it . Drop presets , change settings , add presets called China twice . I did a factory reset and it has been better . Only takes a few minutes but you have to set everything up again .This is found in the menu .