2nd gen SRT Hood

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
I would love one of those if I had the sport grille and sport bumper...

OP
OP
Bigtman07

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Not hard to do man. Color match the grill and the the bumper. It can be done. lol

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
Not hard to do man. Color match the grill and the the bumper. It can be done. lol

naw...the sport grille is curved at the bottom and the top of the front bumper is profiled to the shape of the lower curved grille section. From what I was told, the sport bumper on our 2nd gens mount totally different that the regular bumpers...Patrick said his buddy modded his to the sport bumper and grille and had to totally refab new mounts on the frame for the new bumper.

OP
OP
Bigtman07

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
i would shadow. but gotta save for Texas. And actually Adam I was in the same confused boat as you a year ago. Here is a quick rundown for the sports.

The Sport body style changed in 99 from our current one. My truck is a sport and there is no difference between your truck and mine. The diff is color matched bumpers and grill. In 99 they changed the front bumper, grill, and headlights, essentially the entire front fascia. The plastic that holds the fogs is different the Headlights are a dual bulb and not a single. Also they lowered the grill to follow the new bumper design. But any sport prior to 99 is just color matched parts. I thought I had to buy special lights and special kits cause mine is a sport. Not the case. 94 to 98 sports are only color matched and any normal 94 to 01 part will fit. Not sure what year your buddy was modding to. Must have been putting on a 99 or newer front end. But being a sport as I am we could make your truck a sport in a weekend no problem.

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
i would shadow. but gotta save for Texas. And actually Adam I was in the same confused boat as you a year ago. Here is a quick rundown for the sports.

The Sport body style changed in 99 from our current one. My truck is a sport and there is no difference between your truck and mine. The diff is color matched bumpers and grill. In 99 they changed the front bumper, grill, and headlights, essentially the entire front fascia. The plastic that holds the fogs is different the Headlights are a dual bulb and not a single. Also they lowered the grill to follow the new bumper design. But any sport prior to 99 is just color matched parts. I thought I had to buy special lights and special kits cause mine is a sport. Not the case. 94 to 98 sports are only color matched and any normal 94 to 01 part will fit. Not sure what year your buddy was modding to. Must have been putting on a 99 or newer front end. But being a sport as I am we could make your truck a sport in a weekend no problem.

It was a 99+, which is the one I like...I just love the curved bottomed grille...thats the mod I would like to do with mine, not the pre 99 version.

OP
OP
Bigtman07

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Ahhhh ok I'm with ya 100% I love that look too. And I agree a pain to get unless you find a donor truck. Still a colormatched grill would look pretty sweet not gonna lie.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Will one of yall get the dang hood already lol. I agree its over priced, get a 3" cowl hood.

OP
OP
Bigtman07

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I thought about the cowl but I want a srt style. The second one is more my style.

ramthis9501

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 V8
Tony get the red one! You wont even have to paint it lol