3.7 dakota intermittent misfire after rain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Witchdoctor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Take it easy on me...i kno Dakotas not a ram! But im stumped guys.

Im a 20yr vet in the trade, 12 as a master at Honda, 5 in heavy equipment, and the rest in general.

Put a crate trans in 5 mos ago. Crate engine 4 mos ago. No issues til last week after it rained...$lite came on and got a 1cyl misfire. Did a wiggle and connector check...all good.

Only when it rains hard, and occasionally when the rec/drier sweats and fan blows moisture around. I cant be the only 1 experiencing this....any insigh t will be great, thanks in advance

bassheadhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would check everything related to spark, if you have plug wires I would start by those and then coil

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

OP
OP
W

Witchdoctor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3 new coils and 3 new wires, its a splitfire for opposing cyls..first thing i tried. All coil connectors are tight siliconed them with dow dielectric too. Just to keep water out. My 99 1500 had splash issues too, so i did the same thing cause i bajad the life out of it! Appreciate the input bro...this has me baffled. Its a fleet truck for my friend too so i cant drive it every am...

bassheadhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
3 new coils and 3 new wires, its a splitfire for opposing cyls..first thing i tried. All coil connectors are tight siliconed them with dow dielectric too. Just to keep water out. My 99 1500 had splash issues too, so i did the same thing cause i bajad the life out of it! Appreciate the input bro...this has me baffled. Its a fleet truck for my friend too so i cant drive it every am...
then I would swap the plug and injector to see if the problem move to another cylinder.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

bm02tj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had an old neighbour with a chevy that was in and out of the shop and no one could find it
One dark night we opened the hood and misted the engine with a fine spray of water and you could see the leak
and feel the miss
let us know if that works for you
it was a small crack you could not see

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye