3 alarm dings no indicator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scausey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummings 6.7 turbo
When driving im hearing 3 bell dings but nothing showing up on the dash what it could be. Dealer has no idea what it is. It did this about 7 months ago but went away. Has come back now. Does anyone know what it could be? It will give 3 dings sometimes 3 or more minutes apart and then stops for 10 or more minutes. This is a 2023 1 ton ram

zrock

Reaction score
when mine did that it was a warning that my park assist was malfunctioning still. Seems to do it ever few months for a day and then never hear it again

OP
OP
S

scausey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummings 6.7 turbo
Found where the 3 alarm rings were coming from. If anyone else ever has this problem, I found it to be in athe navagation system. The TomTom nav. In this system there a a couple on alarms that you can turn on or off. Unfortunately when you get the 3 alarm bells there is no tattletale on the dash to let you know what the alarm is for. I changed the settings in the navigation to no audible alarm. Problem solved.

DesertDrifter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO Turbo Diesel
Specifically, what were those couple alarms related to? School zones, traffic lights?

OP
OP
S

scausey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummings 6.7 turbo
For me on Rams tom tom I noticed that if I went 2 or 3 miles over the speed limit I would get an auditable alarm. You can’t turn off specific alarms. The navigation only lets you turn off all auditable alarms. You cannot select individual alarms.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
For me on Rams tom tom I noticed that if I went 2 or 3 miles over the speed limit I would get an auditable alarm. You can’t turn off specific alarms. The navigation only lets you turn off all auditable alarms. You cannot select individual alarms.
My Garmin does the same thing. I just ignore it since I'm not usually going more than a couple MPH over the limit anyway.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
You mean, like this:
IMG_5409.jpeg
IMG_5410.jpeg